Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Solution Mastercard Fico score.

tag
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Sears Solution Mastercard Fico score.

This card offers a monthly Tu Fico score but is it a true Fico? Last month it reported my Tu Fico at 688. I pulled Tu from here last month and it was only 644. Just logged on today and it says my Tu is 692. I also subscribe to CCT and my fako scores have not moved.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sears Solution Mastercard Fico score.

Nope. It's a FAKO called a TransRisk score. It is offered via CreditKarma which also uses TU.

http://www.searsscore.com/

Message 2 of 11
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

ThanksSmiley Happy  I will disregard the scores from now on.

Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Don't be so quick to discount it, OP. A fellow mod pointed out that it says "FICO" on their homepage of the Sears credit page. Off to research.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: Sears card TU FICO ... it also has the copywrite logo after FICO so it should be the true FICO, right?

Message 5 of 11
My2cents
Regular Contributor

It is a Fico score, but it is fico creditcard score.  Fico generate a car loan score, a credit card score and a all purpose score.  The Sears Solution score is the credit card score.  Wamu called this score the pfico score.  It is a variation of the fico score for credit cards.

Ole My2cents.

700 Club Member
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So in the generall scheme of things how good is it to get credit?

Message 7 of 11
My2cents
Regular Contributor

3 Key Points

1.  For the mere fact that Fico created a credit card score, I think that large banks actually use this variation of the score more,

because it is better in predicting risk for the banks when issuing credit cards. 

2.  However the card is an HSBC card and HSBC can be low limit cards if your file is full of low limit cards. 

3.  This card is also a secondary card if the first provider, which is Citi, deny you, then HSBC will counter with the Sears Solution mastercard. 

So in essence, everyone with the Sears Solution Mastercard has been turned down for the Sears(Citi backed card).

Ole My2centsSmiley Wink

700 Club Member
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. True, my Sears card is low limit (600) but my purchases have never hit the limit and it's paid off every month. I also have a BofA card with a 500 limit and the same with that. USBank however just gave me a card with a 5,500 limit - overall my debt ratio is less than 1% per month with everything being paid off end of month. That FICO score from Sears/TU sits at 811 and I have no idea how that correlates to the overall credit score scenaro .....

Message 9 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

VEEVEE wrote:

This card offers a monthly Tu Fico score but is it a true Fico? Last month it reported my Tu Fico at 688. I pulled Tu from here last month and it was only 644. Just logged on today and it says my Tu is 692. I also subscribe to CCT and my fako scores have not moved.

I finally found an answer for you. This is a legit score being offered by HSBC, for some of their Sears and KMart portfolios. This is part of the same program as by PSECU and formerly by WaMu (now Chase).

I also believe this is the TU04 version.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.