New Contributor
BabyBlue

Sears card rate jack

I just got a notice with my current statement that Sears/Citi is increasing my APR from 17% to 25.24%. A very nice representative has just informed me that they are doing that for all the accounts because of the change in lending practices. Don't we just love the current economy?

Btw, in May they increased my credit limit from 3000 to 3300. My credit scores are in excess of 750-760 (have not checked recently). My overall reported balance on all credit accounts 4-5% (PIF after reporting).

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Sears card rate jack

[ Edited ]
Just got the identical notice today. This is currently the lamest of my lame cards, and other than trying to GW off a late, I really don't have much reason to keep it open.

Sears, you're circling the drain, babe...

eta: Mine's the Citi Sears MC, btw.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 08-19-2009 03:44 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Sears card rate jack

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Her Ladyship allowed herself to be suckered into app'ing for both the Sears store card and Sears MC in the store (on separate occassions) to get a lousy discount. What a waste. She could get anything and she ended up with this mess, I made her repeat five times out loud, "I will not app for a Target Card!"

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}