cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Amex 3X Limit Increase Question. Thanks.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second Amex 3X Limit Increase Question. Thanks.

Hello, 

I am considering to embark on my second Amex BCE 3X limit increase.  

I am currently at 14K.

What is most I can ask for without having to provide a FR I just really do not feel like going through all the trouble.....does anyone know from experience.

Also should I call in or do it online....because online it asks for what amount I would like the increase to be and 3 times would be 42K.....thanks for the help...

Cheers!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Second Amex 3X Limit Increase Question. Thanks.

I believe the total (across all accts) is $24.5k.  Once you hit that they're more likely to hit you with a 4506-t.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to depend on profile. Others have gone over $30k and no paperwork needed.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeyoey wrote:

I believe the total (across all accts) is $24.5k.  Once you hit that they're more likely to hit you with a 4506-t.

I also have a business card with them at 13K this sets me at 27K already no hit ???

Or are you referring to personal only?

Thank you

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actual personal experience appreciated thanks anyone?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have $25k on my Everyday and $5k on my BCP, and haven't been hit with a FR yet. Hoping to bump my BCP to $15k in a few months.

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is most I can ask for without having to provide a FR I just really do not feel like going through all the trouble.....does anyone know from experience.

There is no hard line that applies to everyone.  The 3x CLI Guide has some suggested guidelines based on aggregated anecdotal evidence.

Also, a CLI request will not trigger an FR.  It can lead to income verification.  The two are not the same thing.  In my experience the 4506-T wasn't any trouble though others have certainly had some hassle from AmEx being sticklers about following the instructions, legibility, etc.  You can always decline the income verification and cancel the CLI request.  You cannot, however decline an FR without having all your accounts closed.

@Anonymous wrote:

Also should I call in or do it online....

Does not matter.  Whichever you prefer.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.