Frequent Contributor

Re: Second Card needed

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Pushto700 wrote:

@Gotons wrote:

Now to get this back on track...

Any other advice on a second card?

Best Buy Rewardzone MC, or a Cap One. They are excellent rebuilders if you are looking for a 2nd card.

Both are good choices.

I would by far want Capital One over Best Buy MC if possible... but I also wouldn't apply for them if you dont' get a pre-approval offer on the site.

and be sure to do the pre-approval for best buy also, you can do a search to get the link.

+1 Agreed.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started the exact same thread a couple of weeks ago, except that I didn't have a secured card.

I applied for Chase Freedom and a Capital One Rewards. Chase Denied while Capital One approved. MyFICOs were EQ: 659, TU: 654. AAoA was 11 months, only a single CC and one auto loan reporting. Capital One pulled all 3 reports, while Chase pulled EQ and TU.

Hope this helps.

Message 12 of 18
Gotons
Regular Contributor

Any last ideas of input on this?  I'll be pulling the trigger in an hour or two.

Message 13 of 18
tray
Valued Contributor

just try to go out for the gousto, I would try all and any pre-selected site and see what comes up in your favor, have you tried amex pre-select site just to see if anything comes up possibly maybe green card, with your scores people have recieved the zync card, but try capital one, then hsbk orchard and see if any offers come up.  Good Luck keep us posted

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 18
Gotons
Regular Contributor

Nothing popped up for me from AMEX, so I went ahead and went with BestBuy.  They had an issue with confirming my identity, so I called and was given a CL of $600 for their store card and not the RZMC!  

This is my first unsecured card in a looooooong time and I wouldn't have been able to do it without everyones help!

Message 15 of 18
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

gotons,

i had a similar problem. i attempted to apply for the RZMC and they couldn't verify my identity. needless to say i was instantly denied by the CSR(front-line) creditor on the phone. i was not interested at all in best buy store credit.

i have the answer and it is BETTER than cap one. (forget them.. wait until you are 720 and then go for their platinum card. i heard alot of good approval rating from that card.)

apply for the hooters mastercard. their approval rating is very good in the low 600s. this is not a secured card. what is great about them is that they also do prime cards as well. and thats why i got one too. HOOT!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still a fan of Orchard as a rebuilder.  They'd prob give you $300 or $500 CL and very easy to manage

Message 17 of 18
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

+1 to Orchard or HSBC

Both have been good to myself and DW over the last few years.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.