Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second chances

tag
BT90138016
Contributor

Second chances

I had a card with Citi and Chase about 9 years ago....Both ended up as charge offs. Now here I am growing my credit profile and making a little over twice as much as I was making back then. The charge offs are all gone from my reports. Think they would give me a second chance or am I possibly black listed for life with these guys? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Second chances

@BT90138016 wrote:

I had a card with Citi and Chase about 9 years ago....Both ended up as charge offs. Now here I am growing my credit profile and making a little over twice as much as I was making back then. The charge offs are all gone from my reports. Think they would give me a second chance or am I possibly black listed for life with these guys? 

All banks have really long memories with Charge Offs. They keep their own internal records, aside from your FICO score, so it not showing up there is irellevant. 

I know that Chase and Citi both blacklist.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BT90138016 wrote:

How big were the charge offs?  It doesn't seem to necessary be a set time but some banks certainly have very long memories.

Message 3 of 5
BT90138016
Contributor

Ahhh.....Great. Well guess I'll just continue to garden and keep my eye on Discover and AmEx....Maybe find a good local bank and establish a relationship with them I have BoA so far for local banks but its secured with a chance to graduate.....I'm giving it a year....Mabe 18 months and if it doesn't then its probably getting the chop too.

Message 4 of 5
BT90138016
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BT90138016 wrote:

How big were the charge offs?  It doesn't seem to necessary be a set time but some banks certainly have very long memories.

One was like 500 and I think the other was about 1500....I was a credit newbie with no guidance.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.