Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secure Cards

Hi!! I have one secure card and trying to rebuild my credit score.  Should I obtain another credit card?  My credit score is currently in the middle 500 with all three companys.  Please give me some advice.  I would like to be a first time home owner next year.  Thank You

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Secure Cards

My opinion will be to check if yoiu can get a card from any local credit union or a store card.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the great advice.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search for "shopping cart trick" and see if you can get a comenity backed store card that way (soft pull pre-approvals so not inquiry). When I was in the mid-high 500's I was approved my Victorias Secret store card by the shopping cart trick. There are a bunch of stores this works with, just dont go to crazy with it. Pick 1 or 2 stores that you really shop at and go from there. Before doing this though I would definitely check with you local credit unions. Good Luck!! Also check Capital One pre-qual site to see if u are pre qualified for any of their cards. I also got my Capital one quicksilverOne when I was in the mid to high 500's. The capital one platinum and quicksilverOne are the 2 cards that are the easiest to get approved for with Capital one (besides their secured) if u ever do apply with capital one and you get denied always recon with their EO office. (You can search for the email) their EO office is awesome and will help you in anyway they can. I was originally denied for my quicksilverOne but then I contacted the EO office and was approved. Just dont give up and good luck.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also if you are rebuilding (I am still rebuilding myself) and have baddies continue to try and get those baddies off. Search PFD (pay for deletes) GW (good wills) and check out the rebuilding section of this forum. It is amazing. Getting baddies taken off will help your score so much while showing history with your secured card
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.