Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Best Buy Rewards Zone Mastercard

tag
thunderxls
Valued Member

Secured Best Buy Rewards Zone Mastercard

When I applied for the regular Best Buy Rewards Zone Mastercard, I was declined, however was "pre-approved" for the secured Best Buy Rewards Zone Mastercard.  I am mailing off the application today with the $200 deposit.  My question is being this card is issued by HSBC, I have an Orchard Bank credi card already, will the secured BB card be pretty easy to obtain or is HSBC declining apps for secured cards like BOA and US Bank?  Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

Re: Secured Best Buy Rewards Zone Mastercard

You are in the same boat I am since I have an Orchard card too and prequalified for the secured BBRZ card too, which I just sent today.  I called the number on the app and unfortunately got a non english speaking rep who was no help to make sure you can get both, but found the answer elsewhere.  There is no answer, its up to the processing hamsters in the HSBC credit dept to decide, but I am sure we both have a good shot at it if like my Orchard card is in good standing (year, perfect history) why not allow us to have continued business on a 2nd.  Good luck, let me know how it went!
~JD
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeydtx wrote:
You are in the same boat I am since I have an Orchard card too and prequalified for the secured BBRZ card too, which I just sent today.  I called the number on the app and unfortunately got a non english speaking rep who was no help to make sure you can get both, but found the answer elsewhere.  There is no answer, its up to the processing hamsters in the HSBC credit dept to decide, but I am sure we both have a good shot at it if like my Orchard card is in good standing (year, perfect history) why not allow us to have continued business on a 2nd.  Good luck, let me know how it went!

i app for the hsbc card yesterday and got denied, they said it has to be a yr before i can app for the 2nd card... due to they just approve me for a card thru orchard, today i app for the bbrz mc and was a approved
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

you dont have to wait a year between.
Message 4 of 8
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Has anyone who had a secured Best Buy Reward Zone MC ever graduate? If so how long did it take and did you have to do anything to get that done?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another question is... when reported to the CRA's, is it listed as being a Secured Credit Card?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please forward me the phone number to the secured BBRWZ card?  I cannot find it anywhere. I applied for the unsecured card but never got any secured card offers. my email is ftlaudes1 at aol......

Thanks!!!!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread is forever ago. They no longer offered the secured version of this card.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.