Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card CLI through EX OFFICE?

tag
Kixforpa
Contributor

Secured Card CLI through EX OFFICE?

I      am sorry if this has already been discussed and I have gone through most of the posts and do not see my answer. Has anyone contacted the EX Office regarding a CLI on their Secured Card? I know for sure they will not change you card to an unsecured one, but will they increase

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BearOSO
Contributor

Re: Secured Card CLI through EX OFFICE?

Who do you have your card with? 

Message 2 of 7
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I can tell you for sure they won't!! I've ben trying for the last 2 weeks and just called them again 2 days ago. I have a Cap1 secured with the $49/$200 thing and had it for about 1 year now. I've been paying ontime every month. Called them and absolutely no cli on "SECURED" card. I ask them why haven't I've received any offers for PC? They just told me I has to apply myself. I don't know if youu would have better luck than me but good luck!!

Message 3 of 7
Elcid89
Contributor

Anybody can usually get a CLI on a secured card anytime they want one - simply by depositing more money as collateral.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 4 of 7
Kixforpa
Contributor

I understand that but Unsecure CLI are nice too....

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 5 of 7
Elcid89
Contributor

Yes they are, but if the lender is unwilling to establish an unsecured line for you, the odds are that they aren't going to be willing to extend you unsecured credit on an existing line either.

There is no solution to the problem other than time and prudence.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 6 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Capital One is the only major bank that gives an unsecured CLI.   Based on my experience and other posts, it happens at 6 months and it is a 1 time only.   Not everyone gets it.    CU are more likely to grant this.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.