Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card CLI???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured Card CLI???

So I logged into my HSBC/Orchard secured account today, and I noticed something I have not seen before, a button to ask for a Credit Limit Increase.

The card is still secured. I was under the impression the only way to get an increase is to pay for one. (As in add funds to the account.)

Has anyone else with an Orchard secured received a CLI by just asking for one?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Secured Card CLI???

I'd have to dig around, but I have seen at least one other post where someone did actually receive a CLI on a secured Orchard. Also saw the same for a secured (either full or 99/500) for BofA.

I also have the secured Orchard and the Luv button has been on mine since day 1. But I never clicked it. Want to close this TL anyway.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats just too weird. Why not just unsecure it for us if they will let us try for an unsecured increase.
Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

CLI button on the website does not mean any thing. Press and see if you get CLI. When I had BOA 99/500 account I used to keep pressing the CLI button and I used to get letter stating the account is not eligible for CLI. Press the button and see what happens. I am sure it would say your account is not eligible or contact CSR or some thing similar message.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
CLI button on the website does not mean any thing. Press and see if you get CLI. When I had BOA 99/500 account I used to keep pressing the CLI button and I used to get letter stating the account is not eligible for CLI. Press the button and see what happens. I am sure it would say your account is not eligible or contact CSR or some thing similar message.

Correct.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Thats a bummer. I almost got my hopes up that an unsecured message was coming soon.
Message 6 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

how long does it take for Orchard to unsecure?
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 8
samantha1178
Valued Member

I think I remember reading that they almost never unsecure.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.