Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card CLI

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured Card CLI

Yes its outrageous and bofa does it. NFCU has the best secured card program in my opinion
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Secured Card CLI

@Wolf3 wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

adding money to a secured card to increase the limit WITH YOUR OWN MONEY and getting a hard pull is so ridiculous! Ive been through it with bofa so I know how you feel

Hard Pull for Deposit increase is outrageous.   At least Capital One doesn't do that, one of the better cards for increasing deposits, very easy to do. .

Yeah, it's hard for me to put C1 and consumer-friendly in the same sentence with a straight face, but their secured product is a pretty darned good one if this is something you're interested in doing.

I too find it a little ridiculous, but in general if the lender typically HP's for any sort of CLI (and we know BOFA absolutely does currently) it's almost certainly the same for their secured cards as it all runs through the same infrastructure.  The card itself is only hazily linked to the underlying savings account or CD in most lenders infrastructure, but C1 is a little new school because they encourage people to increase their deposit over time.  BOFA/US Bank are decidely old guard with their practices.

        
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.