Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Cards?

tag
maluba
Regular Contributor

Secured Cards?

Hi! I'm ner to this forum, but I had a question regarding secured cards. Does the NFCU secured card graduate? I'm working on fixing DH's credit score and I was looking at that card (since he works for a DoD contractor) but they didn't give any info. His score is a 592 right now and we're working on establishing positive TLs.

Any other good secured cards that graduate? Any threads that you can direct me to? Thank you!

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured Cards?

Hmmm...i forgot if the NFCU card graduates, but do a search for it! I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere!

Other cards that graduate are the Wells Fargo Secured and Bank of America Secured!!!!

Message 2 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

There are millions of threads on this board that talk about this. You can Google or use the search function to find such threads. BofA's Cash Rewards secured is the most reliable in terms of graduation and the most generous in terms of rewards, but is reported as a secured card. If possible, you guys should open 2 secured cards, the BofA for the rewards and graduation, and a USAA or Cap One card for non-secured reporting.

Message 3 of 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have been recommending the aeromexico secured card a lot. Seems like it has the best rewards for a secured card. Plus no AF the first year. If you can secure a large amount, US Bank will hook you up later on.

US Bank AeroMexico Secured Card

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 5
HiLine
Blogger

@Dustink wrote:

I have been recommending the aeromexico secured card a lot. Seems like it has the best rewards for a secured card. Plus no AF the first year. If you can secured a large amount, US Bank will hook you up later on.

US Bank AeroMexico Secured Card

This is a great card too if you ever fly to Mexico. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.