Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured Credit Card

This is my first post. I have lurked here for several years. A little back story. About three years ago I lost everything. I am very blessed that my family stuck by my side and am now in a very very good job again. We'll not two weeks ago I stopped in at the local credit union. I opened a savings account and today I applied for a secured credit card. Currently my scores are in the low 500s. I was approved but am awaiting the under writers to finalize the approval. They print the card on the spot and I'll know 100% tomorrow.

My plans are to use this card from now till 6-12 months after I file bankruptcy. While I cringe at filing I really have no choice there's no way I could ever settle the kind of debt I have and still provide for my wife and 4 kids comfortable. My questions to everyone is how well will this help my credit improve before and after bankruptcy?  Also will staying in good standing with this card make a good impression on the credit union over the next 12-16 months. My goals are to after discharge try and open a unsecured card with them and macys and maybe try for a small car loan 5-7k dollars with 3-5k down. Then at the three years after discharge apply for a home loan through them.  

The he secured card reports to all three credit agency's but they only pull trans union. 

Thanks every for for takig the time to read and respond. Please forgive any spelling or grammatical errors I work 15 hour days and am on a tablet. 

Larry

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured Credit Card

Also will it be ok to pay off the card every week I plan to use it for gas?  Or should I. Keep 100 bucks on it and just pay off everything over that? Should it be paid on weekly monthly etc for the best reporting. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.