Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Credit Cards Question

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Secured Credit Cards Question

Just a question on secured cards. I noticed the other day when looking at CreditKarma, that my Discover IT card now says secured. Will that hurt my scores? It wasn't listed that way before, just this past month it showed up. Also, If I did another secured card (BOA Visa) would that be a bad thing? I was offered the $99/$500 Deal, and I am thnking about it. My FICO score from Discover says 647.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured Credit Cards Question

A secured card notation will not hurt your scores. Congratulations on the BoA secured card offer, many on the board have used that card as a way to establish a relationship with BoA.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are at 647 you might be out of the secured zone.  If you kick the tires at Capital One pre qualifiy options (and some other places like citi) you might be able to get a non secured sub prime card.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountryLivin wrote:

Just a question on secured cards. I noticed the other day when looking at CreditKarma, that my Discover IT card now says secured. Will that hurt my scores? It wasn't listed that way before, just this past month it showed up. Also, If I did another secured card (BOA Visa) would that be a bad thing? I was offered the $99/$500 Deal, and I am thnking about it. My FICO score from Discover says 647.

It won't affect your score. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.