Established Member
doctorofcredit

Secured Credit Cards That Approve With A Bankruptcy?

Anybody know of secured cards that'll approve with a bankruptcy on file. I know both CapOne secured and OpenSky both approve, wondering about others. 

TU08 - 823
Established Member
ginger1477

Re: Secured Credit Cards That Approve With A Bankruptcy?

Fifth Third after a year and a half for me.  And US Bank after two years.  Credit Unions might approve, but it varies.  I had one that approved and two that denied a year after bankruptcy.

Established Member
doctorofcredit

You had US bank approve with a bankruptcy on file? It even states that they don't approve bankruptcies on the website ;\. 

TU08 - 823
Established Contributor
sjt

doctorofcredit wrote:

You had US bank approve with a bankruptcy on file? It even states that they don't approve bankruptcies on the website ;\. 

It states that "they may not be able to approve if your credit report reflects a BK."

I have read that folks have been able to get a US Bank/Elan with a BK, but its usally 5 years post BK

Established Contributor
sjt

Alot of credit unions dont pull credit for secured cards. State Department and First Tech are amongst them. They also have great rates and practically no fees.

Citibank will approve 2 years post BK

Valued Contributor
Scupra

If you can get in, NFCU has the secured nRewards card. It even has the possibility of graduating at a year.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
679 EQ FICO 08/2014
674 TU FICO 08/2014
669 EX FICO 08/2014
$14k NFCU Flagship Sig - $14k NFCU cashRewards Sig - $15k NavChek - $6k Barclays Arrival + - $2k Cap1 Quicksilver
Frequent Contributor
longtime_lurker

sjt wrote:

Alot of credit unions dont pull credit for secured cards. State Department and First Tech are amongst them. They also have great rates and practically no fees.

Citibank will approve 2 years post BK

+1. IMHO Credit unions are the way to go, but if you do not qualify for a Credit Union near you, Capital One treats you decently (experience from my mother working past a medical related bankruptcy)

My total CLs:34,800 :smileyhappy: EQ lender pull: 764 TU: 764 :smileyhappy: In the garden since 2/28/14

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+