cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Credit Cards not reporting as "secured" and not pulling a hard inquiry...

tag
CMS70
Established Member

Secured Credit Cards not reporting as "secured" and not pulling a hard inquiry...

I am wanting to buy a house later this year, to help raise my score I am looking for a secured credit card with the following;

1)  one that will not pull a hard inquiry (soft at best) 

2)  Reports to all three credit bureaus as a regular credit card (not putting "secured" in the description).

I know the 'secured' issues will not effect my credit but could cause raise an eyebrow if my report is hand reviewed.

If anyone has first hand knowledge of one that fits, please post.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured Credit Cards not reporting as "secured" and not pulling a hard inquiry...

on the HP you are looking for credit so it will be a HP as it rightfully should be...as for reporting as secured on your CRAs I havent seen any secured cards report anything different than as a normal CC would. 

welcome to the forums!!!!

Message 2 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Secured Credit Cards not reporting as "secured" and not pulling a hard inquiry...

Message 3 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

1) the only (secured) card i know of that does not do a HP is with either dcu or sdfcu (cant remember which)
2) the only secured card that i know of that doesnt report as secured is the capital one secured card (which will pull all 3 reports)
Message 4 of 8
CMS70
Established Member

Thanks beb86 for you response...There are quite a few that advertise 'no credit check' (like Applied Bank & Horizon Gold) and a few that don't add the description of "secured account" to their reporting but I am looking for a company that does both.

Message 5 of 8
beb86
Valued Contributor

keep in mind that inq have very very little bearing when obtaining a mortgage and at most will require a LOE. how is your credit profile and why are you looking at a secured CC? I would stay away from horizon gold...When I got my mortgage I had like 15 hard inq and I have a cap1 secured which doesnt report

Message 6 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@CMS70 wrote:

I am wanting to buy a house later this year, to help raise my score I am looking for a secured credit card with the following;

1)  one that will not pull a hard inquiry (soft at best) 

2)  Reports to all three credit bureaus as a regular credit card (not putting "secured" in the description).

I know the 'secured' issues will not effect my credit but could cause raise an eyebrow if my report is hand reviewed.

If anyone has first hand knowledge of one that fits, please post.

Do you have no major credit cards?  That is about the only way this will help your credit score.

Capital Bank Open Sky CC fits your criteria,   It costs $50 AF and has not grace period ( so don't use it much or pay it quickly as you go).

Message 7 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

@CMS70 wrote:

Thanks @beb86 for you response...There are quite a few that advertise 'no credit check' (like Applied Bank & Horizon Gold) and a few that don't add the description of "secured account" to their reporting but I am looking for a company that does both.

I don't think such a card exists. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.