cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Credit Cards with no Credit Check

tag
4brian

Secured Credit Cards with no Credit Check

Does anyone have any information on banks currently offering Secured Credit Cards ( Not Pre-Paid Cards with Debit on the Card) where the bank dosen't run a credit check?

I currently have Applied Bank Cards & Capital Bank (Formerly Public Savings Bank)

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Re: Secured Credit Cards with no Credit Check

Check your local credit unions... I have a no AF secured card from mine, no credit check, and APR of 9.75%

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

@xlr8d wrote:

Check your local credit unions... I have a no AF secured card from mine, no credit check, and APR of 9.75%

+1. Check with a local CU. There are secured cards out there that offers no annual fees, low APRs and even rewards as well. You also have a better chance on that secured card being unsecured later down the road. If you qualify for membership, NFCU offers an excellent secured card.

Message 3 of 10
4brian

Thanks for the reply but I called and they do pull a credit report.

Message 4 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

@4brian wrote:

Thanks for the reply but I called and they do pull a credit report.

Are you looking to avoid a inquiry on your CR, or do you feel like you will not be approved in your current credit situation? Where are you located by the way?

Message 5 of 10
4brian

Chase Bank is in the process of reversing negatives entries due to no fault of mine.

I live in Michigan and after a bad divorce I want to rebuild my credit.

I would like to avoid the CR too.

Brian

Message 6 of 10
Datx
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions. PSB was always the answer when someone wanted a secured card with no credit check. Actually, it looks like you already have one, and also another secured card with applied bank. In my opinion, two secured cards should be enough to rebuild your credit. Its probably best that you increase the credit limits on those two cards if you can, by adding additional deposits. But if you're looking for another secured card without a credit check, then im sorry, im out of ideas. Maybe check with other local CUs in your area?

Message 7 of 10
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I used 3 secured cards in my rebuilding (PSB, HSBC, Capital One).    I started with PSB and added one every 4 months.    I now think 2 cards would have been just as good.  

IMO, putting down bigger deposits for higher CL is much more beneficial than another card.  If you want a 3rd card, I suggest you wait until you can qualify for one with a bank/CU that you want to continue with in the long term.    

Message 8 of 10
vilkki
New Visitor

capital one and i doesnt pull cbr but it does report to cbr --- and you can open as little as 150.00 i heard 75.00 onces

Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@vilkki wrote:

capital one and i doesnt pull cbr but it does report to cbr --- and you can open as little as 150.00 i heard 75.00 onces

Even though this is an old thread-Cap 1 does pull your CR's; all 3

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.