Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Credit Cards

tag
jamie2005
Valued Member

Secured Credit Cards

I am trying to rebuild my credit and going to start off with a secured credit card. I want one that will report to all 3 CRA. I just applied online with  Capital One and got approved. I've read that you should have 2 or 3. So, my question is: Can anyone recommend another place I can apply that will report to all 3 CRA? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Secured Credit Cards

HSBC also offers rebuilder cards and they report to all three CRAs as well. Also you could try a store card from GECRB.

What kind of derogatory accounts are on your crest reports and how recent are they ? That will be a significant factor in your approvals.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Secured Credit Cards

@jamie2005 wrote:

I am trying to rebuild my credit and going to start off with a secured credit card. I want one that will report to all 3 CRA. I just applied online with  Capital One and got approved. I've read that you should have 2 or 3. So, my question is: Can anyone recommend another place I can apply that will report to all 3 CRA? Thanks. 

I suggest you wait until the Capital One card reports for a few months before adding 2nd secured card.     

IMO, larger deposits are better for secured cards, I would get a decent size deposit with current secured card,  before adding another.  

Orchard will become Capital One in a few months, so I would look for something else, as I don't see the point of 2 Capital One secured cards. .

Who to recomend depends on the negatives on your report.   Not all banks will approve with very bad negatives.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.