Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured Credit card

I have a secured cc with a $500 limit.  I have been able to address my financial problems and most items will come off in the next 6 months.  My question is the $500 limit viewed as too low or should I consider increasing it to 1000 or maybe 1500.  I do not want to apply for unsecured as it will be an inquiry.Transunion 719  equifax 696

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Secured Credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a secured cc with a $500 limit.  I have been able to address my financial problems and most items will come off in the next 6 months.  My question is the $500 limit viewed as too low or should I consider increasing it to 1000 or maybe 1500.  I do not want to apply for unsecured as it will be an inquiry.Transunion 719  equifax 696

IMO, a larger deposit and CL is helpful for several reasons.   You have more flexibility in spending, and it is easier to control utilization percentage.   It may help you get larger CL when you apply for unsecured credit in the future. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.