New Contributor
Lightdog555

Secured card Ventura Ca area

Hello all. I am in the process of rebuilding. My scores are in the 590's. I have about 8 baddies all coming in 08/09. Since then I have an auto loan from Wells Fargo never late opened in 2011 feb a Kay's card limit 800 balance 500 since June never late. Amex oasis limit 500 balance 135 since jan 2012 never late. I am seeing if anyone has any experience with Ventura area credit unions or Los Angeles area credit unions. I am looking to open a secured card. Prior to that I am going to pay off the Kay's card so my utl should be better. Thx for your help!
Contributor
CreditResuscitation

Re: Secured card Ventura Ca area

@Lightdog555 I don't know how much of a factor it will be but when I recieved my first secured card from Capital One I was in Encino. After six months of perfect payment history, I was pre approved for a Capital One rewards card. Either way, at 590 IMO secured is the way to go. Good luck and keep us posted. 

11/16/12: TU - 728 EX - ??? EQ - 748 FICO

In my wallet: Capital One No Hassle Cash Rewards Master Card (500), Orchard Bank Classic Visa (500), Best Buy Rewards Zone Master Card (300), Walmart Credit Card (1000), Paypal Smart Connect Card (1500), Academy Sports & Outdoors Visa (AU) (10,000)
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Lightdog555 wrote:
Hello all. I am in the process of rebuilding. My scores are in the 590's. I have about 8 baddies all coming in 08/09. Since then I have an auto loan from Wells Fargo never late opened in 2011 feb a Kay's card limit 800 balance 500 since June never late. Amex oasis limit 500 balance 135 since jan 2012 never late. I am seeing if anyone has any experience with Ventura area credit unions or Los Angeles area credit unions. I am looking to open a secured card. Prior to that I am going to pay off the Kay's card so my utl should be better. Thx for your help!

Since you are already a customer, the Wells Fargo secured card has good terms and likely approval.    Worth considering if CU does not work out.  

New Contributor
Lightdog555

It can be an on line credit union as well. Just really looking for a card that can grow with me. I know cap 1 and some others don't grow. Really was looking for people's expericenes. Thx for the help!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+