cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured card for a 1 1/2 years.. Should i open a another credit card?

tag
h0t0ny

Re: Secured card for a 1 1/2 years.. Should i open a another credit card?

Great blog btw. Gonna follow. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 25
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Not sure how close you are to graduating and getting a job but a 759 is pretty nice. If you don't NEED another credit card don't get one. Finish school. Get a job. Get established then the doors to some pretty prime lenders will be open... as long as you don't do anything to lower that score! I bet there are countless people here (myself included) that wished we had a score like that right out of school. 

Message 12 of 25
h0t0ny

im actually in my first year of college, about to be in my second year. i started late by a year. im gonna be majoring in accounting. im looking to get a job this fall though. so i might wait until fall to get my second card instead.

Message 13 of 25
HiLine
Blogger

I love Bank of America and Discover, so I would suggest BofA Cash Rewards for Student and Discover It for Student. I review the regular version of the former on my blog.

Thanks for following my blog! Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 25
HiLine
Blogger

Oh and btw, when you are asked for income, normally you can declare household income, which should be non-zero Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 25
h0t0ny

yeah, ive been thinking of BoA for my second card. do i need to be banking with them before i get a credit card?

Message 16 of 25
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@h0t0ny wrote:

yeah, ive been thinking of BoA for my second card. do i need to be banking with them before i get a credit card?

no you dont. I have 2 credit cards with them (one secured, one unsecured) and dont have either a savings/checking with them.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 17 of 25
HiLine
Blogger

Not at all! If you have a credit card with them they may send you a promotion in the future for opening a checking account with them. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 25
h0t0ny

sounds like BoA will have my business for my second credit card then. i really want an Amex card. LOL. hmmm, should i wait for that or have it as my 3rd. choices choices.

Message 19 of 25
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@h0t0ny wrote:

sounds like BoA will have my business for my second credit card then. i really want an Amex card. LOL. hmmm, should i wait for that or have it as my 3rd. choices choices.

you definitely wanna wait until you have proof of income to get in with AMEX...they may do a "financial review" on you which will require you to send them proof of income and even your taxes.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.