h0t0ny

Re: Secured card for a 1 1/2 years.. Should i open a another credit card?

Great blog btw. Gonna follow. :smileywink:

Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Not sure how close you are to graduating and getting a job but a 759 is pretty nice. If you don't NEED another credit card don't get one. Finish school. Get a job. Get established then the doors to some pretty prime lenders will be open... as long as you don't do anything to lower that score! I bet there are countless people here (myself included) that wished we had a score like that right out of school. 

h0t0ny

im actually in my first year of college, about to be in my second year. i started late by a year. im gonna be majoring in accounting. im looking to get a job this fall though. so i might wait until fall to get my second card instead.

Blogger
HiLine

I love Bank of America and Discover, so I would suggest BofA Cash Rewards for Student and Discover It for Student. I review the regular version of the former on my blog.

Thanks for following my blog! :smileyhappy:
Blogger
HiLine

Oh and btw, when you are asked for income, normally you can declare household income, which should be non-zero :smileywink:
h0t0ny

yeah, ive been thinking of BoA for my second card. do i need to be banking with them before i get a credit card?

Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

h0t0ny wrote:

yeah, ive been thinking of BoA for my second card. do i need to be banking with them before i get a credit card?

no you dont. I have 2 credit cards with them (one secured, one unsecured) and dont have either a savings/checking with them.

Cards: (Citi x6) (Chase x5) (US Bank x3) (Amex x3) (Barclays x3) (BofA x3) (Cap1 x2) (WF x2) (Penfed x1) (Discover x1) (Sync/GE x4) (Macys x2)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).

Blogger
HiLine

Not at all! If you have a credit card with them they may send you a promotion in the future for opening a checking account with them. :smileyhappy:
h0t0ny

sounds like BoA will have my business for my second credit card then. i really want an Amex card. LOL. hmmm, should i wait for that or have it as my 3rd. choices choices.

Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

h0t0ny wrote:

sounds like BoA will have my business for my second credit card then. i really want an Amex card. LOL. hmmm, should i wait for that or have it as my 3rd. choices choices.

you definitely wanna wait until you have proof of income to get in with AMEX...they may do a "financial review" on you which will require you to send them proof of income and even your taxes.

Cards: (Citi x6) (Chase x5) (US Bank x3) (Amex x3) (Barclays x3) (BofA x3) (Cap1 x2) (WF x2) (Penfed x1) (Discover x1) (Sync/GE x4) (Macys x2)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+