Reply
Valued Member
1Health
Posts: 39
Registered: ‎08-02-2012
0

Re: Secured card idea...

Any others beside NFCU, USAA, BofA, C1... i'm actually interested myself and would actually like to know the ones who do not report "secured" because that's looks much better on my report. 

Thanks 


Starting Score: EQ: 651 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: 629 FAKO (08/06/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 684 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: N/A FAKO
Goal Score: 760+ Across Board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Crashem
Posts: 3,098
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Secured card idea...

go with cu.  lots of choices but verify they have features you want.  i like sdfcu secured visa.  not sure how depositsa to increase cl work.  but no af and interest rock.  up to 100k at least

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal
Posts: 2,096
Registered: ‎07-29-2011
0

Re: Secured card idea...

[ Edited ]

EDIT:  i had typed something at the same time recommending sdfcu.  read crashems post above.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:709
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Regular Contributor
Steelersfan904
Posts: 150
Registered: ‎05-04-2012
0

Re: Secured card idea...


1Health wrote:

Any others beside NFCU, USAA, BofA, C1... i'm actually interested myself and would actually like to know the ones who do not report "secured" because that's looks much better on my report. 

Thanks 


Is that 651 FICO? What is stopping you from getting an unsecured card?

If you want to go the secured card right USAA and Cap1 is your best bet. I paid $49 for a $200 secured limit to start off with Cap1 and I have increased it ever since. Both of them report unsecured



Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Member
1Health
Posts: 39
Registered: ‎08-02-2012
0

Re: Secured card idea...


Crashem wrote:

go with cu.  lots of choices but verify they have features you want.  i like sdfcu secured visa.  not sure how depositsa to increase cl work.  but no af and interest rock.  up to 100k at least


SDFCU doesn't have secured credit cards as one of there options on there website do i have to call? What are benifits examples

-doesn't report as secured

-minimum deposit amount

-how easy is it to actually use and pay off with bank

etc. 

Thanks!! :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: EQ: 651 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: 629 FAKO (08/06/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 684 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: N/A FAKO
Goal Score: 760+ Across Board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
1Health
Posts: 39
Registered: ‎08-02-2012
0

Re: Secured card idea...


Steelersfan904 wrote:

1Health wrote:

Any others beside NFCU, USAA, BofA, C1... i'm actually interested myself and would actually like to know the ones who do not report "secured" because that's looks much better on my report. 

Thanks 


Is that 651 FICO? What is stopping you from getting an unsecured card?

If you want to go the secured card right USAA and Cap1 is your best bet. I paid $49 for a $200 secured limit to start off with Cap1 and I have increased it ever since. Both of them report unsecured


Yes all of my scores are accurate.  And because i have 7 HP on TU and 5 on EQ and i also have C1 and i actually like them for what they are a "rebuild card" THAT'S IT. If you want have your money tied into them then that's your option but i increased mine to 1,000 because i thought it would be a good number to stick at and don't want put a lot money into it. 

As of your question, i don't know which cards to apply for so that i don't get declined and also i don't have any "revolving" account history yet because C1 hasn't reported yet do you know when they will i got the card 16th of July. Still says N/A for due date.. :smileysad: 

I think i have such a "OK" ish score because of my student loans :smileyhappy: OSU all they way baby!! 


Starting Score: EQ: 651 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: 629 FAKO (08/06/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 684 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: N/A FAKO
Goal Score: 760+ Across Board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal
Posts: 2,096
Registered: ‎07-29-2011
0

Re: Secured card idea...


1Health wrote:

Crashem wrote:

go with cu.  lots of choices but verify they have features you want.  i like sdfcu secured visa.  not sure how depositsa to increase cl work.  but no af and interest rock.  up to 100k at least


SDFCU doesn't have secured credit cards as one of there options on there website do i have to call? What are benifits examples

-doesn't report as secured

-minimum deposit amount

-how easy is it to actually use and pay off with bank

etc. 

Thanks!! :smileyhappy:


I haven't ever had one, but I am a member at SDFCU and can say, for certain, that they do have a secured visa with possibilty of extremely high credit limits.  I think it has all of the same benefits as their unsecured card (including low interest rate and flexpoints rewards) but without the EMV chip.  You should call and ask though.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:709
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Valued Member
1Health
Posts: 39
Registered: ‎08-02-2012
0

Re: Secured card idea...


DaveSignal wrote:

1Health wrote:

Crashem wrote:

go with cu.  lots of choices but verify they have features you want.  i like sdfcu secured visa.  not sure how depositsa to increase cl work.  but no af and interest rock.  up to 100k at least


SDFCU doesn't have secured credit cards as one of there options on there website do i have to call? What are benifits examples

-doesn't report as secured

-minimum deposit amount

-how easy is it to actually use and pay off with bank

etc. 

Thanks!! :smileyhappy:


I haven't ever had one, but I am a member at SDFCU and can say, for certain, that they do have a secured visa with possibilty of extremely high credit limits.  I think it has all of the same benefits as their unsecured card (including low interest rate and flexpoints rewards) but without the EMV chip.  You should call and ask though.


Okay Thanks for all your information


Starting Score: EQ: 651 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: 629 FAKO (08/06/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 684 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: N/A FAKO
Goal Score: 760+ Across Board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Steelersfan904
Posts: 150
Registered: ‎05-04-2012
0

Re: Secured card idea...


1Health wrote:

Steelersfan904 wrote:

1Health wrote:

Any others beside NFCU, USAA, BofA, C1... i'm actually interested myself and would actually like to know the ones who do not report "secured" because that's looks much better on my report. 

Thanks 


Is that 651 FICO? What is stopping you from getting an unsecured card?

If you want to go the secured card right USAA and Cap1 is your best bet. I paid $49 for a $200 secured limit to start off with Cap1 and I have increased it ever since. Both of them report unsecured


Yes all of my scores are accurate.  And because i have 7 HP on TU and 5 on EQ and i also have C1 and i actually like them for what they are a "rebuild card" THAT'S IT. If you want have your money tied into them then that's your option but i increased mine to 1,000 because i thought it would be a good number to stick at and don't want put a lot money into it. 

As of your question, i don't know which cards to apply for so that i don't get declined and also i don't have any "revolving" account history yet because C1 hasn't reported yet do you know when they will i got the card 16th of July. Still says N/A for due date.. :smileysad: 

I think i have such a "OK" ish score because of my student loans :smileyhappy: OSU all they way baby!! 


Cap1 will start reporting after your 2nd statement is cut do not let them tell you anything else besides that. Can you join USAA? To me its a wonderful product no HP and by far the easiest process to increase your CL and its available the next day after you request it. Wells Fargo is another idea.



Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Contributor
tboy1977
Posts: 221
Registered: ‎07-11-2012
0

Re: Secured card idea...

My PNC card doesn't report as secured.  And I have seen the "bank credit report" from my financial counselor.  Actually, the only thing on my credit report that says "secured" is the installment loan I began with at Heartland CU on my post-bankruptcy journey.

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: EQ 456, EX 534, TU 411 (Aug 2012) FICO (8/2012 -- EQ 564, EX 584 (from BofA) TU 551)
Goal scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 30% APR auto loan (Jan 2012), Secured [CapOne (3K), PNC (1300), NFCU (1K), Coke (2500)] and Target (200)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+