Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured card or recon again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured card or recon again?

First off I wanted to say I'm new and the amount I have learned in the last few months of trolling is amazing. Thanks fo much for sharing this wealth of information.

Anyway,   Currently I have no credit cards.  My credit scores are 652, 650 and 610 per Equifax.   Not great but I'm sure it could be alot worse.    Anyway, I have some big purchases coming up in the next few years. "House and a new car" so I had wanted to start building credit.      

I applyed for the Capital One Journey and the regular Barclays Card. I was able to recon the Capital One today but not the Barclays. The gentleman at Barclays told me that my credit report comes back as almost blank except a student loan which I paid off over 11 years and was only late on 2 times in 2005.

Would I have any chance of reconing again with them or would be a lost cause due to my lack of credit history?  Or should I just get a secured card from one of the banks that do not check credit and use it as a 2nd card for the next 4-6 months then try again? 

Thanks so much for all the help. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Secured card or recon again?

They like to see a longer history, generally. You can try again, maybe you'll get a really lenient analyst, but I think your plan of waiting is a better one more likely to produce results.

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Secured card or recon again?

probably need to wait but i would still recon 1 or 2 more times since you already took the pull.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.