cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured card that graduates to unsecured ?

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured card that graduates to unsecured ?

@Revelate wrote:

Crashem: is there a good publically available site you're aware of for credit unions?  Or is this an internal job-related one?

I always just went the Google route in my neighborhoods but invariably have missed some over time.

http://www.creditunionsonline.com/

But no complete source that I know of.  I do have access to some CU databases at work.  But going to take me a little time to see if any offer secured cards.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Bank of America offers one that says could graduate after 1 year of good pmt history.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/secured-credit-card.go

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 12 of 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the offer.  It is greatly appreciated.

I am in the Pittsburgh, PA area.

Can you share the source?  I would like to learn.

Are you eligible for PSECU?  That is a great credit union to join if you live in PA.  Free Experian FICO score.  They offer a decent secured card.  Exactly the same as their non secured version.  No AF, etc.  500-5000 with deposit which you can add to at any time and reports to credit reports no differently than secured card.  Once your credit is good enough, you can get their combo prouct which is a combo credit card/LOC.  Great thing about combo product, if i remember correctly, is that it reports its limit as the total of the combo so you basically can't get beyond 50% util (check to see if this is still true).  On the negative side, it will never unsecure.  But since it costs you nothing to keep, it is pretty good deal and PSECU is great CU to get in with.

I'll start looking some others for you later.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not. Getting the free Fico score would have been great!  Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 14 of 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

ARRGGHH.  You sure about PSECU eligibility?  No one in family eligible and you can get them to join and then make you eligible?  Basically if you went to college in PA you should be eligible.  A bunch of other ways for eligibility for PA residents.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.