Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured card with no credit check

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured card with no credit check

For those of you looking to get a secured card to rebuild I have the card for you!  Alaska USA offers a secured card to anyone without doing a credit check which means no hard pull and no anxiety about wondering if you're gonna get an approval.  It does come with a $50.00 annual fee unless you get a checking account which then nullifies the fee.  Also the minimum deposit is $500.00.  Interest rate is only 14.5% though which is absolutely great!  

Personally I had this card myself.  I started it off at $750.00 and recently applied for it to graduate and they doubled my CL and dropped my interest rate.  Alaska USA has been great to me and I would highly recommend them to anyone else.  Here is a link to their terms and website:

Secured credit terms

Good luck folks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Geordi
Regular Contributor

Re: Secured card with no credit check

Well, first you have to be a member and they seem to have restricted membership.

Is there a credit pull for membership?

Second, where on the secured Visa application does it state no credit pull(s)?

Message 2 of 5
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Alaska is geo restricted. I believed there field of membership includes Alaska, Oregon, Washington, and parts of Southern California. 

I'm an Alaska member through Southern California. I only have checking and savings. They only checked Chex Systems, no hp for membership. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geordi wrote:

Well, first you have to be a member and they seem to have restricted membership.

Is there a credit pull for membership?

Second, where on the secured Visa application does it state no credit pull(s)?

I talked to UW when they graduated my card to an unsecured.  They are the ones that told me they don't do any kind of credit check whatsoever for the secured card.  They told me they don't do a credit inquiry period on secured cards.

Message 4 of 5
dallascowboyfan
Contributor

Love Alaska USA they were the first credit union I joined back in the early 90's.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.