Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured cards

What are some of the better secured accounts to commit with? I sent off my BoA 99/500 last week to help get my foot in the door but am wondering what others are worthwhile and assist with unsecured cards in the future.

Thank you for any feedback!
6 REPLIES 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured cards

Looking at your signature it looks like you have plenty of good cards with great banks, why do you need additional secured cards? 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

More out of curiosity than anything else. The BoA offer was given at the end of my last run and I figured I wouldn't waste the HP.
Message 3 of 7
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Gotcha. Well BofA and Discover are the top two secured cards I'd recommend but you just took care of BofA and already have Discover so I'm out of options Smiley Happy. I think your good to go. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool thanks for the feedback. Are there any other big banks that are worth looking into? US Bank? First Natl Bank?
Message 5 of 7
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Cool thanks for the feedback. Are there any other big banks that are worth looking into? US Bank? First Natl Bank?

Only if you want a relationship with those banks. Otherwise they don't seem like anything special, US bank has several different kinds of rewards secured cards which is unique for a secured card. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had secured cards with Wellsfargo, U.S. Bank, Discover and Capital one. I can say secured cards are secured cards. They serve a purpose and serve that purpose well. From my experience Capital One is the only one of those that gives un secured CLI's which is great. I got the U.S. bank card because I bank with them and wanted to build a relationship. I honestly think U.S. Bank could care less about a relationship and is pretty hard line on their UW. I applied for an unsecured card with them after having the secured card for 2 years and was still declined so there's that. WellsFargo hasn't unsecured my card but they did approve me for a new propel card with a 1k limit so I assume they are happy with my credit use. Discover is a whole different story. I really don't know what they are looking for but I just plan to SD their card until It either closes for no use or they un secure it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.