Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured cc and CU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured cc and CU?

Reading the recent post under mine with the secured cc and ppl saying that CU DON'T pull a hard when u try to get a secured cc with them. Is that correct? And if so would It drop your AAoA?.....I mean I been gardening for 3 months and going steady but if they don't pull a hard and helps me build a stronger relationship with the CU (cause I already have a savings account with 2 CU) but I mean it would show that I a more loyal member with the CU and better things may come in the future.

Thanks for the inputs in advanced.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Secured cc and CU?

Each CU makes their own rules, so you would need to check with the CU you're interested in and ask their loan officer if they would do a hard pull to get a secured CC.

Regarding your question about the AAoA, I'll let more experienced posters answer.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Reading the recent post under mine with the secured cc and ppl saying that CU DON'T pull a hard when u try to get a secured cc with them. Is that correct? And if so would It drop your AAoA?.....I mean I been gardening for 3 months and going steady but if they don't pull a hard and helps me build a stronger relationship with the CU (cause I already have a savings account with 2 CU) but I mean it would show that I a more loyal member with the CU and better things may come in the future.

Thanks for the inputs in advanced.

Any new account will lower your AAoA.   If you want to build a credit relationship with your CU, a secured card is good way to do it, and I would not worry about the inquiry.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Isnt it the same if I just keep my savings account and not add another inquiry cause I REALLY want to get a loan for a motorcycle maybe December when the bikes are cheaper or beginning of next year and I wanna be squiky clean so I get approved. BUT I also want the best strategy to goon about this. (I do eventually want a cc with a high limit with them )
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.