Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

I just checked to see what my FICO credit score was, and it says that I don't have one, cause I don't have any credit card, any kind of loan etc. I pulled my credit report from the three CRA and I have no baddies. What secured card would you recommend me guys, I need to build my credit ASAP, I can't delay this anymore. I've a part time job and have no debts. Thanks!!!!

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

Who do you bank with?  I would check with them first to see if they offer a secured card.  Otherwise check with Captial One.  They seem to have a decent secured card, and quite possibly if you meet their income requirements may even allow a low limit unsecured card.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Florida that doeRe: Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

Well, I bank with a small bank here in FL, that doesn't offer any kind of card. What are the income requirements for Capital one?

Message 3 of 28
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Florida that doeRe: Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

Capital One application for secured card does ask about all of your relevant income, but it is hard to know if there is a minimum. 

Capital One secured card has some nice features such as easy to add deposit, and they add unscecured CL to your secured CL.   They would be my first choice among the major banks.  

Since you have no negatives, my guess is you can qualify for most secured cards.  Check out the other major banks or credit unions.

Regardless, it is a very good way to start and once you have one reporting for 6 months, you will have a clean history and can start looking for unsecured cards.

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, my credit report is almost blank,  just 2 or three inquiries in every one of the reports that are from May and June that I tried to apply for store cards, but all were denied. Do anyone have similar experience trying to apply for Capital One secured without credit score?, what CRA they pull here in FL?

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you apply secured card with blank credit report :

-capital one : declined

-Bofa : apply online declined, in the branch 50:50

-wells fargo : declined

-orchard : fax ID, SS card and utility bill

-Public savings bank : send ID, SS card and utility

-First premier : they ask you proof of social # and address

-Discover (student) if you got instant decision, declined, if 7-10 days message, they ask your student enrollment

-Citibank: declined

This is my experience when help my friend apply his first credit card, result may different

dont waste inquiry !! IMO. just go to credit union, and open secured personal loan for 6 or 12 months.

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the orchard pre qualify website and it showed me orchard secured pre approved so I think orchard would be a good idea

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely, I will apply for Orchard secured, I think is my best option, cause first premier is outrageous, do anyone knows what CRA orchard pull in FL?

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

why you care about the CRA, since there is nothing in all your report ?? LOL

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried the orchard pre qualify website and it showed me orchard secured pre approved so I think orchard would be a good idea

Good idea!  Orchard pulls EQ.  I am a big fan of Orchard for building/rebuilding credit.  They are easy to manage online.

In your original post, you indicated no baddies on your credit reports from all 3 CRA's.

They are posting info on you - just no score?

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.