Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

Orchard is a good choice.    If they decline, then Public Savings Bank is your backup.   They don't even pull your credit. 

Message 11 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Florida that doeRe: Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried the orchard pre qualify website and it showed me orchard secured pre approved so I think orchard would be a good idea

Good idea!  Orchard pulls EQ.  I am a big fan of Orchard for building/rebuilding credit.  They are easy to manage online.

In your original post, you indicated no baddies on your credit reports from all 3 CRA's.

They are posting info on you - just no score?

+1 on this question.

OP, we realize that there are no negatives on there.

But are there any positives? Do you have anything reporting at all, and it just hasn't been 6 months yet?

If you have something reporting, I'd recommend holding off until a score is created at the six month point. You might be get something pretty reasonable.

If you absolutely can't wait, or you don't have any credit reporting whatsoever, I agree with beamMEup --go with Orchard, and just Orchard, for six months. Then see where your score is.

There seems to be this amazing temptation by builders/ rebuilders to load up on multiple rebuilding cards, even knowing that these cards won't grow with you and will make you crazy, especially with fees. Get an Orchard if you need to and then be patient. You have to let time do its thing.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi everyone, he already mentioned, his credit report blank, only inquires

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a credit history since February, but as I said only a couple of inquiries. I just applied for Orchard bank, tomorrow I will send the application and the check, let's see what happens.

Message 14 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a credit history since February, but as I said only a couple of inquiries. I just applied for Orchard bank, tomorrow I will send the application and the check, let's see what happens.

OK, I thought that's what you said, but I wanted to be sure.

Good luck with the Orchard app! And keep checking out local credit unions in the meantime. They're another good source for those building credit history.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!, I really appreciate this forum and the help I found here, I will keep you updated on the orchard application

Message 16 of 28
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Not sure what area in FL you are in, but Chartway would be a good credit union.  I am not sure of the number of branches they have in FL, but they do have one in Jacksonville and St. Petersburg.  With Chartway, you would have to qualify for membership, and if you don't have anything on your credit report, then I would recommend going the secured loan route (they don't check your credit) for 6-8 months, and then apply for a student visa or standard visa with them.

Or is there an NFCU near you that you might qualify to be a member of?  they offer a secured card.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Oh, and one of the things that i did when I was younger and didn't have credit was I got a federal student loan, and choose to repay it while I was still in school.  And I just paid it off in 10 months, and then I had at least that loan history on my credit report to generate a score.  just a thought.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

After I had a major problem with credit, I got a secured card from Capital One. It was the greatest investment in my future credit you could imagine. It helped me build my credit back from the high 400's to whre it is now, 800+-. That was years ago but I still maintain a good relationship with them.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey nelsondavidd Smiley Happy

I'd recommend Public Savings Bank's secured Visa credit card. Their card is good for building AND re-building your credit history.

BTW- Nice job on keeping a clean slate with your no debts!

I hope this information helps!

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been considering applying for Orchard Bank offer, but had read a previous post somewhere in the forum saying they do not report to credit agencies.  Is this the case?

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.