Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Florida that doeRe: Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

Orchard reports to all CRA's. They also do not say they are secured in any of the remarks. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi pretzel. Your name is making me hungry!

I'm not entirely sure if Orchard Bank does report to all three major credit bureaus, but I know that Public Savings Bank does report their secured Visa credit card to all three major credit bureaus each month. I know that they don't check your credit either.

It's a win/win situation with them.

Message 22 of 28
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

When Orchard reports it shows up as HSBC on the reports. It has no indication at all that it is a secured card. 

Public savings is also a secured card that reports but can "NEVER" be upgraded to unsecured card. Also it does show it is a secured card on reports.

Showing secured or unsecured on CRA's has no impact on scores, but it does have an impact when lenders review your CRA's.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 23 of 28
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:

When Orchard reports it shows up as HSBC on the reports. It has no indication at all that it is a secured card. 

Public savings is also a secured card that reports but can "NEVER" be upgraded to unsecured card. Also it does show it is a secured card on reports.  NOT TRUE

Showing secured or unsecured on CRA's has no impact on scores, but it does have an impact when lenders review your CRA's.

Good Luck

I have secured cards from both.   Both report to all 3 credit bureaus.   Neither show as secured cards on the reports.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured credit card to get even with no credit score

Though not exactly what you were asking. My response would be to get with a credit union and start with a secured line of credit vs a CC. Typically interest rates will be far less as well as being able to grow beyond most CC limits. My credit union started with a $500 min for a line of credit.

Message 25 of 28
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Though not exactly what you were asking. My response would be to get with a credit union and start with a secured line of credit vs a CC. Typically interest rates will be far less as well as being able to grow beyond most CC limits. My credit union started with a $500 min for a line of credit.

What was the interest rate on the secured card you got?

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been so long now I forgot exactly but it was in the single digits I remember that much.

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

And it wasn't a card it was a LOC Line of credit.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.