cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured credit options?

tag
evoeli3

Secured credit options?

okay so, im work right now so i cant ask where to start as far as whats on my credit report. ive only had one credit card ever with capital one opened in 12/2007 now charged off...can someone recommend some secured cards i could probably get? and how often i should add money as well the amount

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: ***SECURED CREDIT OPTIONS***

@evoeli3 wrote:

okay so, im work right now so i cant ask where to start as far as whats on my credit report. ive only had one credit card ever with capital one opened in 12/2007 now charged off...can someone recommend some secured cards i could probably get? and how often i should add money as well the amount

funny thing is you might be able to get a capital one card again (check pre-qual link on capitalone.com)

Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Secured credit options?

@evoeli3 wrote:

No need to add money to it generally, sometimes it's a HP to do so.

The list I recommend:

1) BOFA - minimum is fine but as much as you can afford taking into account the requirements for the ones below, minimum $300; best secured card period and better than many unsecured ones too after you put their Cash Rewards on it

2) Cap One - try the pre-qual link, you might qualify for unsecured out the gate, otherwise their secured is just fine at $99 deposit.

3) SDFCU - guarunteed, minimum $250

Go until you have at least 2 cards.

4) Open up a $500 share savings account with Alliant and take out a secured loan against it.

Welcome to the forums!

        
Message 3 of 4
evoeli3

Re: ***SECURED CREDIT OPTIONS***

I  will try that and keep you posted!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.