Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured to Unsecured??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured to Unsecured??

Does anyone know if Orchard Bank's secure card can be converted into an unsecured card in the future? I saw on BOA's website that their can and would eventually be converted in about 9 mo's of good history but I have not been able to find anything on Orchard Bank..

~AttaGirl
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Secured to Unsecured??

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ilecs.

I took the chance and did a preapproval thru Orchard and recieved the regular VISA with a cl of 300, it isnt much but I'll take it for now.  I keep telling myself ' take baby steps, take baby steps' Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
blue_moon
Established Member

I spoke to Orchard today about converting my secured credit card to an unsecured card and they informed me that I could apply to have my card converted to an unsecured card after 1 year.  They said I could keep the same card number and it would continue to report on my credit report from the day I first opened the account.  They gave me the number to the bank where funds are secured to find out the process for getting my secured funds returned. 
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm Orchard told me 4 days ago that the acct must be in good standing for 18 months. Then they review your acct for a Non-Secured acct..
I called the backdoor number for this and this is the responce they gave me.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.