Valued Member
natezero

Security Freeze and CLI's

Tried searching but couldnt get a definitive answer. I am thinking about freezing all three reports so that I can let some of these inquiries drop off. In the mean time I would love to be able to request a few CLI's without the worry of another hard inquiry. Will freezing my reports prevent a current creditor from pulling another hard, or does this just apply to creditors I dont already have an account with? Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Re: Security Freeze and CLI's

natezero wrote:

Tried searching but couldnt get a definitive answer. I am thinking about freezing all three reports so that I can let some of these inquiries drop off. In the mean time I would love to be able to request a few CLI's without the worry of another hard inquiry. Will freezing my reports prevent a current creditor from pulling another hard, or does this just apply to creditors I dont already have an account with? Thanks!

I don't quite understand your reasoning. The inquiries will drop off on schedule whether you freeze your reports or not.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Valued Member
natezero

They might drop off, but a freeze will keep me from replacing them with new ones :smileywink:

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

natezero wrote:

They might drop off, but a freeze will keep me from replacing them with new ones :smileywink:

Not that I'm accusing you of anything in particular but just a friendly reminder to everyone to review the Forum's Terms of Service and Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines that say, among other things:

Discussion of illegal or unethical activities or providing links to other websites containing such information;

The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score.

Purposely attempting to keep accurate inquiries from being reported by freezing a report is a violation of both of these.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

I think the OP is just trying to protect themself because they feel irresponsible enough to make another big mistake.  Could be wrong!

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

ptrutkowski wrote:

I think the OP is just trying to protect themself because they feel irresponsible enough to make another big mistake.  Could be wrong!

As I said I'm not accusing anyone of anything but there are posters who do come on here advocating what I wrote about and from time to time it needs to be pointed out this is an unacceptable practice.

From a BK years ago to:

Valued Contributor
Datx

ptrutkowski wrote:

Agreed. Freezing a CR so he/she will think twice before hitting the good ole "Apply" button. And even if he/she does decide to hit that Apply button, the app will just be declined due to the freeze.

TU: 603 – EQ: 569 – EX: N/A – May 2010

Valued Member
natezero

Maybe I wasnt clear... I want to be required to think twice and pay $5 to unfreeze before I apply for anything. Anyways, does someone have the answer to my original question? Thanks!

New Contributor
anybodii

Yes, you asked a pretty straight forward question, not involving any unethical or illegal activities.

I would say that it would limit them from pulling a hard. A freeze wouldn't allow your own bank an exception.

Valued Member
natezero

I was pretty sure that was the case. Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+