Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Freeze

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Security Freeze

Does security freeze stop you from being able to pull your own report with services such as these like MyFICO and the other report viewer services?

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Security Freeze

Hey!

You shouldn't have any issue with pulling your FICO if you have a security freeze however, when I was trying to get my EX on here... when I spoke to the myFICO rep, I was told to lift my security freeze for them to access my report at EX.  As a point of info... I have all my reports frozen and I have never had any problem getting TU or EQ.  I also had some crazyiness going on with EX and some fraud alert initiated by them that I had to straighten out with my address.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 3 of 7
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

good i want to freeze...all my reports so i wont app lol...
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 7
spambait
Established Member

I have had tremendous difficulty getting my yearly reports from Equifax with a freeze.  I've had all three bureaus frozen since the first day I was able to in my state.  And EVERY SINGLE YEAR this is what has happened with Equifax

1) try to pull the report online, get a message saying it cannot be done online & I must write

2) mail them all the information they request

3) get a form letter back advising me to pull my report online

4) write them again telling them I'm writing because they won't give me an online report

5) finally get my paper report

total time is about 4-5 weeks.  Exactly the same every year.  I've never had issues with Experian or Trans-Union, only Equifax.  And it started when I froze them. 

Message 5 of 7
Smug
Established Contributor

yes, i can't get my walmart score or credit sesame, at all
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 6 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

I can get TU and EQ but not EX. All of them are frozen but was told to remove the EX to get my EX on here.

PSECU however, no problem at all. I still get my EX from them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.