Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See Ya Credit One.

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

See Ya Credit One.

I know you will miss my $ 75 and high APR. You would not budge on the annual fee refund so I had to pay you off and close the account. But really thanks for approving me when no one else did to help build my credit. But 75 a year just to use your card and !% cash back on gas isn't enough. You could be a better company by giving past customers better deals.  Smiley Happy

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: See Ya Credit One.

Credit One is the worst. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I know some people say they serve a purpose...but really unless you literally have NO CHOICE (ie <500 score and burned every bank you can think of)... avoid them like the plague.
Message 2 of 6
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Smart move. Congratulations.

Message 3 of 6
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

i can't wait to close my to congra Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One definitely has its place. There are lot's of people who can't qualify even for secured cards, in their case, paying a $79.00 AF is absolutely worth it, especially if you use it strictly for raising your scores. If your going to try and use it as a normal, day to day, credit card, you're to pay alot in interest and additional fee's. Sometimes for alot of us, who have no issue acquiring quality cards, it's easy to simply say "Credit One sucks and nobody should waste their time getting one", but for people with low scores, this might be a good option. Credit One has their place. As bad as they are, if you compare them to most other sub-prime lender's, they're probably the best.
Message 5 of 6
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on getting rid of the worst of the worst!!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.