cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See if you're pre-qualified (Sorry you are not)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: See if you're pre-qualified (Sorry you are not)

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering, perhaps is me but why i have never been pre-qualified for any credit card?, i was approved for two capital one cards QS1 and QS (3k), 3 chase cards Freddom, SW and Amazon (14k), Discover it (1k), AMEX BCE (1k) and i was not pre-qualified for any, i try and check every week and no luck, my scores are TU-709, EX-710, EQ-698, my util is 2%, and over 77k in total credit.

I always receive pre-quailified offers from Creditone and those companies but never from Capital One or Chase or Citi etc.

Is this normal?, Any info will be great.

Thanks in advance. Smiley Wink

It takes time..... I was never prequalified for Amex.  In fact that was one of my first cards and I apped because credit karms said Very Good for approval odds (back when my scores were below 700.

What cards are you interested in specifically?  I have found that the more I check online for offers, the more legit mail ones come in.  Especially with Citi.  It used to be discover was sending crap offers but now they are listing a range but it is a smaller range, so that is a slightly better chance IMO.  Chase is hysterical because they send me prequals for the freedom yet I have a ton more than 5 new accounts in 2 years.  I kinda wish I would see more things from citi like their travel cards.

Just curious, what is your average age of accounts?

Message 11 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes you've just got to know your profile and do some research on the forums here to see what the experience has been of others.  I can tell you that I never got the Cap One prequal to show anything for me after getting my QS and QS1.  I decided to give it a try and cold app'd and received both of my VentureOne cards back to back.  So just because it doesn't show on the prequal doesn't always mean you have no chance.  

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was prequaliffied for the Quick Silver One ( masterd card) and the platinum,but I decided to apply for the Quick Silver Visa and was approved inmediattely  $3000

Message 13 of 14
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

Trust me when I say a Pre Approval these days is just marketing plots! So just go with what you feel is best for your needs and do not worry one bit about a pre approval! You already have a nice profile of cards!! So you going in the right direction!!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.