Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See ya Credit One!

tag
ars432s
Valued Member

Re: See ya Credit One!

Well I got an email stating that I was approved for a $700 cl. Now another one of the 'lil subprime guys can get a wacking. I think Access ($250 cl) gets the boot.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a link to where you applied for the Hooters Card?

Thanks!

Message 12 of 17
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I never got an e-mail or a call.  In fact, I called them, bugging, them, several times and they only told me the application was in process.

I got a card in the mail within a few weeks later.

This has an "apply now" link on the page.  http://www.hooterscard.com/menu/home.aspx

*Oh, I missed your post!  Congratulations!  In general, if you treat them well, they will CLI you regularly.

I don't know about the Hooters, but I have a regular Merrick card and I use it heavily and then pay it down or off, and they just love that and bump it up every time I do that.  I think I started with $800 or $1000 and it's at $3300 now.  Terrible rate, though, but good for use-and-pay.

Message Edited by ChesterPDexter on 02-06-2009 02:09 PM
Valued Member

That's perfect for what I'm going to use it for, use, get reimbursed, and pay it in full. I would like to have the CL around $1500 to just have one card needed during trips, so I'll have to use a couple cards until then, but it's a good start.
Message 14 of 17
mamalawery
New Contributor

went to hooters.com since i saw others on the forum say they liked their card. applied and i received the 7-10 email. then a rep clld a week later and asked about my some info on my cbr's. they wanted to make sure i was me. then she told me i was approved with a 600 lim. this is my highest crl since i am rebuilding. no af, but high apr. that's okay. they gave a chance and i am very appreciative.

now i applied for creditone the same day 12/24/2008. got the msg online that was in process, then approved. then i received a letter saying they needed a copy of my drivers license. i faxed that in. then online it said approved.

then about 1 week ago, looked on their site and it said the app was denied????? after 1month of waiting!!!!!!!!

however, i did put a freeze on my cbr's the week before. they had already pull my cbr and i thought didn't need to pull again. so no creditone card and i am happy about it. i like my hooter's card.

Message Edited by mamalawery on 02-06-2009 05:06 PM
Message Edited by mamalawery on 02-06-2009 05:10 PM
***I was an app addict, and I'm not ashamed to say it!***
Message 15 of 17
ars432s
Valued Member

You are better off without Credit One. Don't be too upset about your denial. As I've posted before, they are really hard to work with and have crazy fees. I'm in the rebuilding phase as well and it feels really good to have a card (Hooters) without any AF that will actually grow with you. If you haven't already, I would try for a Cap 1 card that will also give generous CLI with continued use. Again, don't get down about that joker of a card (Credit One), you're making progress without them.
Message 16 of 17
mamalawery
New Contributor

after i made this post last night i decided to go back on their website and check my app again. Unbelievable! it did get approved and was sent out 02/04. if the crl isn't atleast 600.00 which is my highest right now, i'm going to close it. no need to pay the monthly fee if not a good crl.

i'll keep you guys posted on the crl when i get it. 

***I was an app addict, and I'm not ashamed to say it!***
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.