Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: See ya store cards???

jlfce1 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

No AF, 0% deals, high CLs (GE). I have a lot of store cards and I would definitely manage them over closing them. They come in handy.

If I leave these open and go to apply for a mortgage next year, it won't look bad? Also, how many open CC's is too many?   I won't be using them and I don't want to manage using them every so often to make movement. I read somewhere on this site that someone's score was lowered because they used a card that had been inactive?

My statement just closed on my pament for the last of my cards which once reported will bring my Utilization down to <10%.  It will still have a small balance and  I have a balance on my CFNA card because they offer the 0% for 6 months, so I level the payments into 5 and carry a balance to take advantage of that.  Those are my cards with a balance out of 20 cards total....the rest are at 0.

Your mortgage app should be just fine. Only if the LO requests you to close accounts I would.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
jlfce1

Re: See ya store cards???

LS2982 wrote:

jlfce1 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

No AF, 0% deals, high CLs (GE). I have a lot of store cards and I would definitely manage them over closing them. They come in handy.

If I leave these open and go to apply for a mortgage next year, it won't look bad? Also, how many open CC's is too many?   I won't be using them and I don't want to manage using them every so often to make movement. I read somewhere on this site that someone's score was lowered because they used a card that had been inactive?

My statement just closed on my pament for the last of my cards which once reported will bring my Utilization down to <10%.  It will still have a small balance and  I have a balance on my CFNA card because they offer the 0% for 6 months, so I level the payments into 5 and carry a balance to take advantage of that.  Those are my cards with a balance out of 20 cards total....the rest are at 0.

Your mortgage app should be just fine. Only if the LO requests you to close accounts I would.

Awesome news! Thanks for everyone's time and input!

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+