Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Advice for Next Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeking Advice for Next Card

Started s-l-o-w-l-y rebuilding my credit about 18 months ago. Have one old Collection due to drop 11/2014. Recently paid down balances enough to bounce up my FICO scores. (Still waiting on TU - tap tap tap goes the foot.) I'm considering applying for a new bank card. Probably CapOne QS1, or DicoverIt, as those are the two I'm most likely to qualify for. My questions are:

1. Which card will likely glean the highest starting limit?

2. Which card(s) offer a "Love Button" soft pull CLI?

If you have any recommendations for an alternative card that I should consider, please chime in.

In particular, I'd prefer a card with a track record of Soft CLIs, for my long-term goals.

Thanks for your input!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seeking Advice for Next Card

Capital one will do 3 Hardpulls to sign up, one for each CRA.  But they have an infinite luv button for soft puls always.  So it's bad having 3HPS but the C1 quicksilver is a great card everyone likes it.  So you may wish to go with C1 Quicksilver.  I think Discover is more picky and more likely to decline you.  Also capital one has a very nice free transunion credit score and monitoring.  It is exactly the same score and reporting details as my transunion.com official credit report.  So I'm actually liking capital one.

Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital one will do 3 Hardpulls to sign up, one for each CRA.  But they have an infinite luv button for soft puls always.  So it's bad having 3HPS but the C1 quicksilver is a great card everyone likes it.  So you may wish to go with C1 Quicksilver.  I think Discover is more picky and more likely to decline you.  Also capital one has a very nice free transunion credit score and monitoring.  It is exactly the same score and reporting details as my transunion.com official credit report.  So I'm actually liking capital one.

FAKO not  true Fico score its the exact same score as CK 

Never ever go by this scoring model for anything 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Started s-l-o-w-l-y rebuilding my credit about 18 months ago. Have one old Collection due to drop 11/2014. Recently paid down balances enough to bounce up my FICO scores. (Still waiting on TU - tap tap tap goes the foot.) I'm considering applying for a new bank card. Probably CapOne QS1, or DicoverIt, as those are the two I'm most likely to qualify for. My questions are:

If you have any recommendations for an alternative card that I should consider, please chime in.

In particular, I'd prefer a card with a track record of Soft CLIs, for my long-term goals.

Thanks for your input!

Welcome to the forum

Much more info needed before advise on which card 

Fico scores in sig are they current?

INQ's in the last year?

UTL?

AAoA?

Why Discover or CAP1?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your input!

Welcome to the forum

INQ's in the last year?

UTL?

AAoA?

Why Discover or CAP1?

Thanks myjourney...

FICOs current excep for TU... expect increase any day, to 642 based on model used.

Inquiries past year...   EQ-0  ||  TU-3  ||  EX-3     (Those will drop to:  EQ-0  ||  TU-1  ||  EX-2  sometime in November.)

UTL is 65%... (Carrying some interest free balances.)

AAoA is:  EQ - 10mos.  ||  TU - 22mos.  ||  EX - 10mos.  (Don't know why the discrepancy.)

FYI:  The Comenity Store Cards (Buckle, JCrew, and VS) are all brand new this month, and not reporting yet. (All SP).

Why Discover or CAP1?  I get the impression they are the most likely ones I'd be approved for at this point.

Enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your input!

Welcome to the forum

INQ's in the last year?

UTL?

AAoA?

Why Discover or CAP1?

Thanks myjourney...

FICOs current excep for TU... expect increase any day, to 642 based on model used.

Inquiries past year...   EQ-0  ||  TU-3  ||  EX-3     (

Those will drop to:  EQ-0  ||  TU-1  ||  EX-2  sometime in November.) Very good 

UTL is 65%... OUCH (Carrying some interest free balances.) Red Flag way to high for Discover 

AAoA is:  EQ - 10mos.  ||  TU - 22mos.  ||  EX - 10mos.  (Don't know why the discrepancy.) Interesting indeed something is reporting different on EQ EX

FYI:  The Comenity Store Cards (Buckle, JCrew, and VS) are all brand new this month, and not reporting yet. (All SP). 

How long have you had Barclay Amazon and the CU cards?

Why Discover or CAP1?  I get the impression they are the most likely ones I'd be approved for at this point.

Discover approval scores range in mid 600's and up 

most likely a EQ pull but some have had TU pulled

Enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your help.

IMHO Discover is risky with such high UTL and CAP1 will approved but with a toy limit due to UTL

Also to get this thread more exposure I'm have it moved to CC forum to better help you

My advice is to get UTL down before any apps which will give your scores a great boost into upper 600's 

Garden until then 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.