Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Re: Seeking CU that offers CC

WOW, DCU is taking long for memberships. They must have come a long way.

When I first walked into DCU office (marlborough, MA), I walked out with both my debit and credit cards in my wallet in about 1 hour.

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Emdee_MD wrote:

I am a member of a local credit union where I live; that is associated with the employer of both my parents. I had an auto loan through them, but it has since been paid off; and they do not offer any CC's or anything so I would much rather move my money or open an account and establish a relationship with a CU that has these products. I was seeking a good credit union, that offers CC's. I looked at NFCU, but that would require my cousin to sponsor his dad, who could in turn sponsor my mother, who could in turn sponsor me. Needless to say thats not going to happen.

I was also looking at DCU, and PenFed. +/- 's of each? I already have a mortgage from last year thats now been sold to WFHM, and my car is paid off so I am not too concerned about that.

DCU: good customer service, great low rate CCs, easy to get approved for CC, application for membership has been taking a while lately, not great rewards

PenFed: great customer service, great rewards CCs, comparatively more difficult to get approved for (want to be around 720 range, if not higher), decent APRs

Good luck in whichever you choose! If you plan on getting cars ever again in the future, PenFed has fantastic rates on auto loans through their car buying service. DCU isn't half bad themselves, but PenFed does give lower rates for higher tiers of credit. same for mortgages!

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
New Contributor

Re: Seeking CU that offers CC

Thanks for all the responses. I am gonna look into MECU. I live in the county not the city, but luckily work in the city limits so I qualify for that CU. I think it is down to them and PenFed as of now. Just annoying you have to fill out a paper app for MECU and mail it in. 

My Wallet: Amex Gold: NPSL / Chase Sapphire: $7500 / Capital One Orbitz: $1500 / Capital One Quicksilver $1500 / Jared: $5100 / Chase Slate: $5000 / Care Credit: $4600 / OCCU Beaver: $2500 / Amazon: $600 / Walmart Disc: $2500 / Lowes: $400

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.