Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking advice on my next card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeking advice on my next card

New to this forum. I currently have a 750 FICO score. I have have a Discover It (Limit: 1,300 Opened: Oct 2012) and an AMEX BCE (Limit: 2,300 Opened: Dec 2014).

I am graduating college in May and have secured a well paying job so I would like another card. I do like my cards, but not having a Visa or MC is just annoying as those are universally taken. 

I have done my homework on the following cards, and want to hear your thoughts or experience son them.

Citi DC (I like the 2% cashback, although I've heard there is a long lag and Citi could nerf it)

Chase Freedom Unlimited (I use Chase for my checking so having these together would be nice, and I like the $150 bonus)

Cap1 QS (Although 1.5% cash back and no FTFs, only a $100 bonus)

I feel like I know the details of these cards, but again, I just want to hear your thoughts.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Re: Seeking advice on my next card

with your score, i would also consider Cap One Venture. Seems to be giving out some nice SL's and it grows pretty quick, I would also pay attention to cli's whether it is a hp or sp. You don't want to get an inq everytime you ask for a cli.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

New to this forum. I currently have a 750 FICO score. I have have a Discover It (Limit: 1,300 Opened: Oct 2012) and an AMEX BCE (Limit: 2,300 Opened: Dec 2014).

I am graduating college in May and have secured a well paying job so I would like another card. I do like my cards, but not having a Visa or MC is just annoying as those are universally taken. 

I have done my homework on the following cards, and want to hear your thoughts or experience son them.

Citi DC (I like the 2% cashback, although I've heard there is a long lag and Citi could nerf it)

Chase Freedom Unlimited (I use Chase for my checking so having these together would be nice, and I like the $150 bonus)

Cap1 QS (Although 1.5% cash back and no FTFs, only a $100 bonus)

I feel like I know the details of these cards, but again, I just want to hear your thoughts.

They're all good cards, 2 for cashback, 1 for rewards.

If you want a low interest, low fee card, go for the Penfed Promise or Barclay Ring.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you plan to get a Chase branded annual fee card in the future (CSP or Ink+), I would get the Citi Double Cash. Even if it is nerfed, the possibility of it becoming worse than a 1.5% back card is very low, but you'd be taking advantage of 2% now. Of course, the sign-up bonuses for the other two cards you're interested in do make them more valuable than the Double Cash (unless you get a targeted sign-up bonus) in the short-term, so I'm sure you've considered that.

Overall, 2% vs. 1.5% isn't a huge difference but if you do plan on putting a lot of spend on those cards, then that 0.5% difference can give you some extra pocket change, if not more.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.