Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking advise on cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeking advise on cards

Hi,

I am seeking advise on cards I want to apply for my wife. Current FICO score, Barclay, is 681. She has a Discover IT with 7K limit and a Capitalone QS1 with 5k. I want to apply for

Cap One Venture (pre-approval on cap one website)

Cap One Quicksilver (pre-approval on cap one website)

BOA Cash Rewards (pre-approve offer)

Barclay Sallie Mae

The goal is to increase her available credit. We have a discharged bk7 that is 6 years old. We burned amex for 800 on our bk and she burned Citi, so i don't think we'll be able to get back with them.

No baddies; 2 inquiries across all her reports. One to fall off in June this year and other one next year.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seeking advise on cards

Welcome to the forum. The key question is what cards out of the list fits her lifestyle?  This will give a general idea and get you better responses.

Message 2 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I am seeking advise on cards I want to apply for my wife. Current FICO score, Barclay, is 681. She has a Discover IT with 7K limit and a Capitalone QS1 with 5k. I want to apply for

Cap One Venture (pre-approval on cap one website)

Cap One Quicksilver (pre-approval on cap one website)

BOA Cash Rewards (pre-approve offer)

Barclay Sallie Mae

The goal is to increase her available credit. We have a discharged bk7 that is 6 years old. We burned amex for 800 on our bk and she burned Citi, so i don't think we'll be able to get back with them.

No baddies; 2 inquiries across all her reports. One to fall off in June this year and other one next year.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks

I'm a bit confused are you applying for your wife or for you? You mentioned going for the Cap 1 QS but have already said she has one. The barclay sallie mae seems like a decent card for cashback (I dont have it). You may want to look at other lenders to diversify more. I have the venture card. You can get it for the signup offer and then downgrade to a QS after the first year before AF hits. Cap 1 is a bit of a pain to get a CLI with unless you are actually using the card and even then I find you need to go through EO to get a real CLI. I stopped caring but when I started out with the venture (it was my first card) they gave me 5k and I was able to get them to give me 10k like six months later. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yes-Its-Me: We are basically looking for cash back rewards. Our spent on credit cards at moment is about 3k combined which we pay off monthly.

@red259: It is for her; but she has a strong dislike for applying for anything so usually I am the one who applies for both of us and I am usually AU on her accounts and she is on mine. And she is not much into message boards / forums etc.

She has the QS1; reason for Venture is for the higher limits they seem to offer and same goes for QS, to help increase her available credit.

Message 4 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous: We are basically looking for cash back rewards. Our spent on credit cards at moment is about 3k combined which we pay off monthly.

@red259: It is for her; but she has a strong dislike for applying for anything so usually I am the one who applies for both of us and I am usually AU on her accounts and she is on mine. And she is not much into message boards / forums etc.

She has the QS1; reason for Venture is for the higher limits they seem to offer and same goes for QS, to help increase her available credit.

Honeslty I would focus on the cards that offer the best benefits for you. Higher limits will come in time, especially when the bankruptcy drops off. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 6
Santi78342
Established Contributor

I'd say she has a good shot at getting approved for all cards listed. If it were me, I would app for Sallie Mae & both Capital One cards. You won't use the BofA Cash Rewards card if you get Sallie but if you just want to increase available credit, it will grow rather quickly.

Good luck and let us know what you guys decide on and how it turns out!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.