Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Employed Proof of Income when applying for CCs

tag
DrDG
Established Member

Re: Self Employed Proof of Income when applying for CCs

I had no idea AMEX reviews your financial information, but I'm not suprised. Thank you kindly for being patient with me and offering such a clear explanation. I appreciate it very much. 

Rebuilding with goals of reaching 750.
Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrDG wrote:

I had no idea AMEX reviews your financial information, but I'm not suprised. Thank you kindly for being patient with me and offering such a clear explanation. I appreciate it very much. 

Oddly, i was able to get an auto loan from Wells Fargo without any hassel. I also had an offer from Chase for an auto loan as well. I think its because i went through a dealership and maybe they went and shop for me. They didn't ask for anything. American Express however when i got my blue cash and 3 months after i asked for credit limit increase from $2,000 to $6,000 ... i went and brought a watch using paypal for $4,500. (lesson learned, after doing research and reading other forums, American Express is very sensitive with Paypal. Maybe thinking im sending money over seas or ''financing you know who.'') They freezed both gold and blue and wanted me to sign an authorization to see my tax returns. i said no and paid $5,000 immediately ($4,500 blue, $500 gold) i called in to volunteerly close both accounts before they did. There are other credit cards i can bank with. I want the US bank cash+ but i have to call and apply and wonder since its manual over the phone i wonder how sensitive are they with entrepeners and self employed.

''This is America after all, practicaly we all would want to work for ourselves and be self-employed. ''

Message 32 of 38
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrDG wrote:

Oddly, i was able to get a auto loan from wellsFargo without any hassel. I also had an offer from Chase for an auto loan as well. I think its because i went through a dealership and maybe they went and shop for me. They didn't ask for anything. American Express however when i got my blue cash and 3 months after i asked for credit limit increase from $2,000 to $6,000 ... i went and brought a watch using paypal for $4,500. (lesson learned, after doing research and reading other forums, American Express is very senstive with paypal. Maybe thinking im sending money over seas or ''you know who.'') They freezed both gold and blue and wanted me to sign an authorization to see my tax returns. i said no and paid $5,000 immediately ($4,500 blue, $500 gold) i called in to volunteerly close both accounts before they did. There are other credit cards i can bank with. I want the US bank cash+ but i have to call and apply and wonder since its manual over the phone i wonder how sensitive are they with entrepeners and self employed. This is America after all, practicaly we all would want to work for ourselves and be self employed. 

Well I for 1 understand amex. And others. As there is also lots of fraud in today's society. Therefore. If they ask for tax returns. I will give them. And before I make large purchase like that.  I will call them to inform them. For they can note the account    Hence. Avoid averse action. Yes. If you go through dealer. You can avoid papers mostly but the exchange is much higher rates than showing tax returns at credit unions. I use to thnk it was crazy. But for all I've received from it. Well worth it. And you're right. We all want to work for ourselves and be independent. But we still need banks. Even a million dollar business. 

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Well I for 1 understand amex. And others. As there is also lots of fraud in today's society. Therefore. If they ask for tax returns. I will give them. And before I make large purchase like that.  I will call them to inform them. For they can note the account    Hence. Avoid averse action. 

Gee, I don't know if this "If Amex asks me to bend over, I'll bend over" attitude is making you look good.  Not in my eyes, Taxi818.  Disappointed.Smiley Embarassed

Message 34 of 38
taxi818
Super Contributor

Lmao.  I'm not bending over. Smiley LOL

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't like to bend over. I only like to kneel  Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 38
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't like to bend over. I only like to kneel  Smiley Tongue

You guys hilarious. Smiley Embarassed

Message 37 of 38
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Depends on the company.

^ This.  Some have stated that AmEx uses tax returns for income verification but they acutally use the 4506-T.  You can't just send them your copies of your tax returns.

@DrDG wrote:

I had no idea AMEX reviews your financial information, but I'm not suprised.

They do in certain siutations, not in all cases.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.