Sensitivity of Barclay's

tag
learnin113
Established Contributor

Re: Sensitivity of Barclay's

@SanityKills wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

I racked up a bunch of cards after Barclay's because I was unaware of their extra sensitive reputation.  This is month 5, so I'm anxiously awaiting my fate.  I understand, they do a review around 6 months...so I'm hoping if I get past that review...I could go back to my normal routine of appingSmiley Very Happy

They should review new accounts monthly for the first several months of obtaining their cards.

I, personally, haven't seen any soft pulls from them in the past 4 months.  I guess I started the cycle over again with the 2nd barclaycard. Just great.  Another 6 months of nail biting.  ;-)

I'm kinda worried all over again, heehee...*nervous laughter*

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!! Applied to discover. Approved!
Message 12 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, I got that one last month

Message 13 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 17
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Just curious; is Barclays sensitive to applications for new credit or to any type of inquiries?  I was approved for an account with them in January.  Since then, I have applied for one other card (denied), but Discover has done two HPs for CLIs. There is nothing else for me to apply for, but just wondering if HPs for CLIs count against Barclays customers as well.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Changingmantra wrote:

Just curious; is Barclays sensitive to applications for new credit or to any type of inquiries?  I was approved for an account with them in January.  Since then, I have applied for one other card (denied), but Discover has done two HPs for CLIs. There is nothing else for me to apply for, but just wondering if HPs for CLIs count against Barclays customers as well.

Either way I wouldn't loose any sleep. Just don't call Barclay's up on their recon line and demand a CLI and you should be fine... Also pay in a timely manner, I've read on more than a few occasions that posters receive an AA when they are late (of course they had to be probed to answer questions with the whole truth Smiley Wink).

Message 16 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

If you've been approved for a conservative lender like Discover, the last thing I'd be worried about is Barclays doing anything negative.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.