Re: Sent 4506-T to AMEX

@Cory wrote:

@winstars wrote:

@Cory wrote:

@winstars wrote:

@Cory wrote:

@Mekitcat wrote:

I

How much have you put thru ($$$) these two cards in the year+ you have had them??? What is your CL on the BCE card???  Do you know if they did a hard pull for this app and if so with what CRA??? How many inquiries do you have???  What are your real FICO scores like??? (especially EX) Is the income on the new app different from your app from July 2010???

I can't honestly tell you the exact amount of purchases I put through both cards, but an estimated $6,000 between the two cards. I stop using my Zync Card alot a long time ago. The BCE card has a $4,500.00 CL. I actually don't know if they did a hard pull. I would assume they did because my application is pending "Billing Address Verification" So the address that I have on file with them, and on my credit report (EX) was not matching I suppose. But I'm not sure about it. I probably have 6 to 8 inquries, due to new apartment and utility companys. Last fico scores on 08/01/2011 was 769, and the income is the same since July of 2010.

Cory

So what did you send them today via the mail??? So to get the 4506-T from the IRS, its $57.00????

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 24
Cory
Established Contributor

@winstars wrote:

@Cory wrote:

@winstars wrote:

@Cory wrote:

@winstars wrote:

@Cory wrote:

@Mekitcat wrote:

I

How much have you put thru ($$$) these two cards in the year+ you have had them??? What is your CL on the BCE card???  Do you know if they did a hard pull for this app and if so with what CRA??? How many inquiries do you have???  What are your real FICO scores like??? (especially EX) Is the income on the new app different from your app from July 2010???

I can't honestly tell you the exact amount of purchases I put through both cards, but an estimated $6,000 between the two cards. I stop using my Zync Card alot a long time ago. The BCE card has a $4,500.00 CL. I actually don't know if they did a hard pull. I would assume they did because my application is pending "Billing Address Verification" So the address that I have on file with them, and on my credit report (EX) was not matching I suppose. But I'm not sure about it. I probably have 6 to 8 inquries, due to new apartment and utility companys. Last fico scores on 08/01/2011 was 769, and the income is the same since July of 2010.

Cory

So what did you send them today via the mail??? So to get the 4506-T from the IRS, its $57.00????

I sent them the 4506-T completed and signed. I didn't send a check or any credit card authorization for payment. Also, my most recent W-2 (earning statements), and the Verification of Address letter. Yes, it's $57.00 to request tax returns from the IRS per calendar year. So if I authorize AMEX to request 2009 & 2010 the cost the IRS would charge is $114.00 for those years. And I am not in agreement to pay that kind of money to be associated with an American Express Card account.

So I sent the form in the mail in hopes that someone would call me to explain why the CSR ask me to do that. I didn't speak to a REP in the U.S.

Cory

Message 22 of 24
winstars
Regular Contributor

@Cory wrote:

@winstars wrote:

@Cory wrote:

@winstars wrote:

@Cory wrote:

@winstars wrote:

@Cory wrote:

@Mekitcat wrote:

I

Cory

I sent them the 4506-T completed and signed. I didn't send a check or any credit card authorization for payment. Also, my most recent W-2 (earning statements), and the Verification of Address letter. Yes, it's $57.00 to request tax returns from the IRS per calendar year. So if I authorize AMEX to request 2009 & 2010 the cost the IRS would charge is $114.00 for those years. And I am not in agreement to pay that kind of money to be associated with an American Express Card account.

So I sent the form in the mail in hopes that someone would call me to explain why the CSR ask me to do that. I didn't speak to a REP in the U.S.

Cory

That is not a bad plan. I don't have any experience with FR's but it seems you might be able to say to a US CSR person why the FR if the original issue was that you merely moved??? That is what seems to have been the issue, is that correct??? So like you stated so many posts back, try telling them forget it and I will just go on my merry way with the two cards I already have. Sounds logical BUT these people and issues don't seem logical a whole lot of times...  Let us know what happens... Try using your existing cards and see what and see if they......

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 24
Cory
Established Contributor

That is not a bad plan. I don't have any experience with FR's but it seems you might be able to say to a US CSR person why the FR if the original issue was that you merely moved??? That is what seems to have been the issue, is that correct??? So like you stated so many posts back, try telling them forget it and I will just go on my merry way with the two cards I already have. Sounds logical BUT these people and issues don't seem logical a whole lot of times...  Let us know what happens... Try using your existing cards and see what and see if they......

Yeah. I called and spoke with an AMEX CSR for about thirty minutes explaining my point of view. I'm fine with AMEX viewing my returns, but what I'm not fine with is me paying the IRS a "request for tax returns" fee for AMEX to see my returns when I have other means of verifying my income with earning statements, paystubs, W-2's etc. it's the money man, the money, lol. That's the whole hang up here.

I didn't know the difference between the 4506 form, and the 4506-T form. The REP told me that the difference is that the 4506-T form is no charge, but the 4506 form will be the $57.00 charge. I ask him to tell me which form should I complete. He said the 4506 form where I would be charged. Well, I sent them the 4506-T form, and with no fee today as I mentioned earlier on. I then explained that AMEX should pay the fee to request my returns from the IRS, not me. 

I'm fine with them requesting them, but American Express should pay the piper (IRS). I told him why would I pay $57.00 for them to view my tax returns, and not be guaranted the application be approved. I will just be $57.00 or $114.00 broker than I was before applying for the additional card. I don't want to give the IRS extra money, and then AMEX says, "oh, sorry we can't approve your request". I ask him who will give me back my money? I know the IRS will not, so who will? He said we need to verify your income. I said, "well, I got my 2010 tax returns right here on my desk, I can fax or mail them to you to verify what I filed with the IRS for 2010. The same income listed on my returns that I am faxing you, is what AMEX will see listed on the 4506 form.  Then he put me on hold to check if my returns are valid, came back and said, "sorry we can't use those. "We need to see all of your income you filed with the IRS" I said, the IRS should not have anything else, or anymore income on file with them, that they have not shown me, but are willing to give to AMEX. If they do, then we got a problem. And I need a nice refund for back taxes, lol. I said, "what other income?" I don't have any other income.

I told him "my whole point here is to not have to pay the IRS any more money until 2011" lol. I'm broke, and $57.00 is a lot of money for me to just be giving away, just so AMEX can say, "were sorry, but your application can not be approved at this time" He said, yeah I understand your concern and he put me on hold to talk with his supervisor. Then he came back to tell me that when they receive my letter with all of the requested documents, there is a 95% chance of approval if all is clean and spotless. Well, I softened up and said okay, lol. In other words, if AMEX call me and guarantee I'm approved, then I would authorize them to charge me for it. I know, I sell out fast like a "sucker for AMEX cards" But I'm just waiting to see what happens. I'll keep you updated.

Happy Friday,

Cory

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.