Sent Navy Secure Message to combine Credit Cards

tag
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: Sent Navy Secure Message to combine Credit Cards. UPDATE

@waynes1982 wrote:

@msbia wrote:

@jason86423 wrote:

Hate to bring up an old thread.. but I've seen mixed responses on this and other forums about NFCU allowing card combination.-  Sent a message last night about closing my MC and moving it to my Cash Rewards Visa-  a couple SM's back and forth and its done.  They were opened a month apart so no major loss of AAoA.

The system hasn't completely updated yet, but my MC is at zero and my Cash Rewards Visa has Available credit of $49K ( 990 balance currently). 

IMO- NFCU is absolutely Amazing..

SM thread below

Navy Federal Response 07/11/2015 : Thank you for your message. At your request, we have closed your Platinum MasterCard account and move the credit limit to Signature cashRewards Visa account. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Your Message 07/11/2015 : Yes please, I would like to move the credit limit from my Platinum Mastercard account ending in XXXX to my Visa Signature ending in XXXX and close the Mastercard account. Thank you for your response.

Navy Federal Response 07/11/2015 : Thank you for your message. At your request, you may close your Platinum MasterCard account and move the credit limit to Signature cashRewards Visa account. If you wish to process this request, please send us a return message.

Your Message 07/10/2015 : Good evening. I'm not sure if this is possible, but was wondering if I could move the $25,000 credit limit from my Mastercard Platinum ending in XXXX to my Cash Rewards Visa Signature ending in XXXX and then close out the Mastercard? If possible, I would like to proceed. If this is not possible, please let me know.

Interesting! I sent two secure messages requesting this very thing and both responses were that it is not their practice to combine credit lines. Congrats to you, perhaps their policy changed since two days ago lol. 

I just tried the same thing as well and got "we don't do that" email message

Yep, it's a mystery. I even screen shot and edited these posts but they stated they cannot verify so...no lol. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 21 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Sent Navy Secure Message to combine Credit Cards

I might consider TRYING to do this now that I have a QS. Moving my $17.5k Cashrewards limit to my $25k Plat MC. A sweet $42.5k card. Ohhhh yeah. They allowed me to move limits a few months ago. Hmmmmm

Message 22 of 24
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sent Navy Secure Message to combine Credit Cards. UPDATE

It may be a matter of which rep you get.  I've read it going both ways.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Message 23 of 24
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: Sent Navy Secure Message to combine Credit Cards

@baller4life wrote:

I might consider TRYING to do this now that I have a QS. Moving my $17.5k Cashrewards limit to my $25k Plat MC. A sweet $42.5k card. Ohhhh yeah. They allowed me to move limits a few months ago. Hmmmmm

Let me know if you do. That's what I wanted was a $44k Platinum. I may try calling in. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.