Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequencing of apps for Citi Simplicity/Chase SW Air

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sequencing of apps for Citi Simplicity/Chase SW Air

Two years ago, I opened a Discover CC ($4k CL, now $5400 as of 2/12) and a Citicard ($1300 CL).  Both of those hard inquiries are set to come off this month.  I do have one other HP dated 11/11.

Currently, my UTIL is around 26% altogether over my five CCs.  My Citi is almost maxed out due to a 0% BT offer I took advantage of a few months ago.  Not great, but I should have it down to 10% within the next month.

I'd like to take advantage of the 18 month 0$ APR of the Simplicity card.  I'm looking at making some major repairs to my 2004 Dodge Stratus.  Overall, I'd like to get a CL around 5k.

Also, I fly quite a bit on Southwest, and the 50k points would come in handy this summer.  I'm not too picky about getting a high CL on this one, because I would only use it for SW plane tickets and car rentals.  I've had a Chase Ink card for about 3 years now (5k CL, but close to maxed out due to very low APR)

So my question is this: Which card should I apply for first? Does it even make a difference?

I live in TX, if that matters.

Stupid question: If you apply for two CCs at the same time online, will they know about each other?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sequencing of apps for Citi Simplicity/Chase SW Air

Im not positive but I believe SW is a visa sig. Chase might be sensitive to uti but you fine with inqs. 

I would app Citi first as they are inq sensitive then Chase. Chase will see the Citi inq but I seriously doubt they will care as its not like you haave 15 inq in 6 months or anything.

Best of luck.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.