cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously....2 days and 7 Pre Approvals...

tag
Hollywood80
New Contributor

Seriously....2 days and 7 Pre Approvals...

Was gone the last 2 days and just checked my mail box. Heres the list.

Citi Diamond Prefered - They tricked me a week ago with same offer. "I am eligible to apply." They declined me.

First Equity Biz Card - I dont even own a business

First Premier - Congratulations, you have been guaranteed approval for a second card. This would be great but they wont even give me a stupid CLI with the card I have now. BTW, member since 5/2005 and still have a $350 CL. I can go all day on First Premier but due to time constraints i'll refrain.

Credit One Platinum Visa Card - $69 enrollment and $69 AF. NO THANK YOU. First Premier already bent me over once.

Another Credit One Visa.

Merrick Bank Visa - Pre Selected with $1250 Credit Line. No Annual Fee and no set up fee. Havent heard the greatest things about Merrick.

Another Merrick.

I think im on the spit list of CC companys. hahaha. Few more months, 60 more points, and these offers will be coming from the big dogs.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Seriously....2 days and 7 Pre Approvals...

I'd hold out for the Prime Cards.  You aren't that far away.  It'll make the moment you melt the FP card oh so much sweeter....lol.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 8
Hollywood80
New Contributor

Thanks for replying. I thought I was gonna get the crickets on this post. HAHAHA. My terrible sense of humor only amuses a certain few...or maybe just me. I cant wait to burn that First Premier Card. I will post it on you tube for all to enjoy.

Also, Im trying to gage the score i should apply for my next CC. Whogavemecredit.com is a hit or miss with the mid to low 600 scores. You get most approvals from the companys that I just posted then hit and misses with big dogs (boa/citi) with mid to higher 600's. Even some declines with 700 score. I desperately need a high limit card. Cap one and first premier just dont do it. I go to dinner with some pretty important people and if it wasnt for my work AMEX Green, I wouldnt pull out any of my cards. Im very fortunate to have a very nice income but paying cash doesnt get me rewards and great things like that. I have alot of friends who make crazy cash and rack up all kinds of free things.

Message Edited by Hollywood80 on 04-22-2008 07:06 PM
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

since you have the american express work green card, would that make you more eligible for a personal green?
Message 4 of 8
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I hear ya.  I can burn mine now but I'm just not ready to see that 220 bux go up in smoke just yet.  LOL.  As far as a card for now, that's hit or miss, it does seem that the CCC's are approving more now than they were a few months ago.  A 639 TU might get you hooked up with something.  You might try one of Chase cards that are easier to get or maybe Juniper/Barclays. I got those on recons last week.  Hooters Card maybe.  That Merrick Bank offer might be ok for now.  Anything beats FP....lol.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 5 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have first equity biz card. I started with $3k CL and after 3 months they gave auto CLI to $7k.
Message 6 of 8
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I'd like to have a biz card...but I don't have a biz...Smiley Sad
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 7 of 8
Hollywood80
New Contributor

I havent heard of people using their work Amex to get a personal one. Think Im gonna wait till my cap one and FP update to 5% Utilization. Right now its at 55%. That should give me a little bump. Im not to hyped on any of the card offers right now. Im hoping to get a RECON from Citi so I dont go card app crazy. I wish I knew what cards would just say yes without hard inq. But thats my fantasy world I like to play in. hahaha.
Also, I want to know how they pre auth me for a biz card. Do these report on your personal credit as well as biz credit. If they give nice credit lines and act like a regular card.... I might have to start a underwater basket weaving corp ...haha. Daddy needs a $7000 CL.

Message Edited by Hollywood80 on 04-22-2008 08:23 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.