Did you mean: 

Seriously!! PSECU !!Seriously!!

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Seriously!! PSECU !!Seriously!!

@smallfry wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

i don't use my checking account there either.

Do yourself a favor. If you want to keep getting the free to you score then use one check per month. I pay a small utility bill. Joining 7 months ago was painless no docs were requested. Dunno about now.

+1  To qualify for the FICO you  need a checking account.  To keep the checking account active one must show activity.  No activity for a year may cause the checking account to close. 

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. If I ever do get the free EX score, I will then move on to deciding what isn't too much hassle to keep getting it. An ACH transfer here and there sounds about right.

Message 12 of 34
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK. If I ever do get the free EX score, I will then move on to deciding what isn't too much hassle to keep getting it. An ACH transfer here and there sounds about right.

I just do an ACH transfer once a month...a few dollars.  Then I pay a cc bill with it and get it close to 0 again.  Repeat as needed. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just do an ACH transfer once a month...a few dollars.  Then I pay a cc bill with it and get it close to 0 again.  Repeat as needed. 

Sounds reasonable. I hope PSECU's billpay to other issuers' CCs is not the snail variety.

Message 14 of 34
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds reasonable. I hope PSECU's billpay to other issuers' CCs is not the snail variety.

I'm not sure on that question.  I usually pull the payment from the CC website. 

Message 15 of 34
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I just Direct deposit 20 bucks a week and forget about it Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 34
smc733
Valued Contributor

I only use it for the FICO score.  Since my credit building is coming to a close, I will be closing the $5 account in November, right before the one year inactivity hits.

Nothing special about PSECU to me.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 17 of 34
DI
Super Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

I only use it for the FICO score.  Since my credit building is coming to a close, I will be closing the $5 account in November, right before the one year inactivity hits.

+1.  PSEC who?    Can we close the $5.00 account, keep the checking,  and still remain a member?  Will we still be able to get FICO score?

Message 18 of 34
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

+1.  PSEC who?    Can we close the $5.00 account, keep the checking,  and still remain a member?  Will we still be able to get FICO score?

Your $5 is your membership share in the CU...you close it, and you're no longer a member. 

Message 19 of 34
DI
Super Contributor

Since myFico price a FICO score and report at $19.95,  my staying a member for the free FICO  is worth it.  I  already have  free access to my EX report, so I'm saving $239.40/year.  Not bad at all!!

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.