Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Credit Card Due Dates.

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Setting Credit Card Due Dates.

@Watchmann wrote:
I doubt there is a downside to having all your accounts close around the same time of the month.  People have needs (when they get paid) and I don't think creditors will look askance if all your accounts are at the same time.

I don't carry balances on each card every month.  I have a total of 6 cards. If I use a card, and when the statement generates, I would know when the bill is due.  Most of the time I pay my balances before the statement generates.  

Message 11 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

Changing your due date MIGHT raise red flags with your creditors and they might assume that you're having financial difficulties which would lead to AA.

I have to say, I can't imagine why this would alarm creditors. Many of them give you the option to do so anyway. I've moved several dates around without a peep. Lots of fun explaining that you want to move your statement date, rather than your due date, though! Smiley Very Happy

I can see an excellent argument for having your mortgage go out on the first of the month, followed by the car payment and CCC's on the fifteenth, whether that would be the due date or the statement date. Even though biweekly paychecks won't stay on the 1st/ 15th pattern, it would still ensure that everything wouldn't hit during one pay period.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 14
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I think it's a good idea. DI. I have 4 cards now. 2 cut on the 2nd the other 2 cut on the 24th. I just use 2 each month and rotate.
Message 13 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Mine fall in two clumps and I would absolutely no qualms about changing a date on any of my accounts. (I actually include feeble Chase and HSBC in that.)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.